Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3094281 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #750 on: July 06, 2006, 08:02:21 am »
I am so bummed out.  Now you all get to be bummed out with me.  I am staring at a very oddly written specification for the "new" project phase and I can't make head nor tail of it.  Lucky me.  And I have to do THAT instead of tell you guys what is happening down at the station.

Work has to end sometime today.

Believe it or not, there are people on this board who have been known to write fanfic over doing real work...not that we'd want to lead you astray or anything....
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #751 on: July 06, 2006, 08:10:43 am »
Holy moley!

This has nothing to do with Ennis and Ellery...but I was just sitting here, writing a little, ahem, fanfic and suddenly, who comes bounding across my backyard but Bambi! Bambi comes charging up the deck, slams into the wall...knocks himself down. Now, dazed and confused, Bambi is standing there on my deck, two feet away from me, separated only by an Anderson glass door. Then, silly Bambi wanders into the outdoor shower...hangs out there for a minute or two, then comes back out and looks at me! Through the glass door! So we stare at each other for about a minute, me wishing I had a camera. Bambi then looks at the back yard and you can see deer lightbulb going off over his head. Aha! Freedom! And with that, Bambi bolts away, back down the yard...I hope he finds his mother!

EDIT: I didn't have a camera, so this is not the Bambi in my backyard, but this is just what he looked like, complete with white spots. According to the website info, this deer is about 1 month old...my Bambi really is a baby!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 08:46:44 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #752 on: July 06, 2006, 08:18:40 am »
hehehehehe an Ultimate Bambi encounter!

I cant get away with writing fan fic with a 2 week looming deadline... I wish I could... but I can't.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #753 on: July 06, 2006, 11:01:51 am »
Lousie - what does that mean???  one chapter a day? everyother day...   :'(  let us poor souls know what to expect...

(Have a few deadlines myself - they suck, i am a total procrastinator!)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #754 on: July 06, 2006, 11:03:26 am »
it means that at this particular moment I have no brains available.  It's 5 p.m. and I leave work in a half an hour, and I am looking forward to going home and cooking a nice piece of pork and getting a couple of chapters done.

I think it is reasonable right now to expect a couple of chapters a day during work weeks... because I haven't any time at work to write.

sorry folkeses.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #755 on: July 06, 2006, 11:04:38 am »
Hey! I'm in chat!  Come chat with me before work is over!!!!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #756 on: July 06, 2006, 11:05:22 am »
Enjoy your dinner Louise.

I think I can survive as long as there are no long draughts...(or is it droughts that I mean?)  ::)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #757 on: July 06, 2006, 11:15:22 am »

I think it is reasonable right now to expect a couple of chapters a day during work weeks... because I haven't any time at work to write.

sorry folkeses.

Please, Louise, no apologies!

You may be the most dedicated and prolific fanfic author in the history of bbm!

That's why we are so rernt. (That's western dialect for ruined, meaning that we are so spoiled we ain't never gonna be right. )
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #758 on: July 06, 2006, 11:15:37 am »
droughts.  No I don't anticipate any droughts.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #759 on: July 06, 2006, 11:29:51 am »
Please, Louise, no apologies!

You may be the most dedicated and prolific fanfic author in the history of bbm!

That's why we are so rernt. (That's western dialect for ruined, meaning that we are so spoiled we ain't never gonna be right. )

My own thoughts exactly!
Louise, we are spoiled now because you post chapters so many times a day!  ;)
You do what you gotta do, we can always go back to the very first chapter and start over again!
 :-*