Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3094294 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #870 on: July 07, 2006, 06:08:29 pm »
Louise - Loved the new chapters!  :-*

Scudder - Our gallery keeps growing and growing!  There will me more pictures to come!  ;)

This thread is hopping!  Damn right Louise!   :D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #871 on: July 07, 2006, 08:37:25 pm »
I always wanted Keith Carradine, except his nose was just a little too big, ya know?  Hey Keith, can you do the nose job for this story?  hehehe... whichever Ellery works for you!  Some people still think of Matthew McConnaughy!

Keith Carradine's nose is fine, I just dont think he has enough sex appeal for my idea of Ellery.  Now Hugh Jackman Ellery definitely tickles my fancy!  ;)
I never knew that Matt McConnaughey was in the list of Ellery hopefuls !  HJ still wins IMO!  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #872 on: July 07, 2006, 08:43:09 pm »
Chapter 63....Some Spoilers ...........
Alma Jr falls in love with the beautiful Nellie, and decides to take her for a ride ...

She is introduced to Ben  ...

..and Jess, who enthusiastically comments to Ennis: “Boy that girl can ride!”

He is really saying: " This here Ennis' girl sure is sweet to look at!  Won't mind taking her for a ride in the sunset ..."

:P
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:45:27 pm by Lucise »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #873 on: July 08, 2006, 12:06:16 am »
And as I go to bed, realizing it is now Saturday, I say, goodnight Ennis and Ellery, sweet dreams...we all love you....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #874 on: July 08, 2006, 12:19:29 am »
And as I go to bed, realizing it is now Saturday, I say, goodnight Ennis and Ellery, sweet dreams...we all love you....

Here here! and G'night Leslie!
I am heading out to my version of the Red Stallion in a few minutes ...
I'll say hello on behalf of all o' ya, if I run into any of the gang from Laramie ...  ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #875 on: July 08, 2006, 05:24:59 am »
Well it may be that today is the day.

Several of you were with me last night as we discussed the incredibly moving and quite flattering tribute to grief resolution given by fan and reader Magicmountain from davecullen.com.  Along with a few other vocal and extremely persistent readers, Magicmountain has been with me through thick and thin and extremely HEATED controversy about my vision of Ennis and life after Brokeback mountain.

Today I received an email responding to my urging to try Bettermost and she said she would definitely come by!  I am so pleased.

I have also been graced with the attention and absolutely beautiful commentaries on my fics by Judyh (also known as Judy_blue_cat in Livejournal) and have invited her here as well.

I am hoping as I pull away from participating in the other forum that some of the fans who have been so loyal and so supportive reading my stories manage to find this incredibly hopeful and friendly place where I have had so many wonderful moments with you all.

And I'm up before noontime ready to saddle Nellie and gallop off to the conclusion of "A Second Chance"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #876 on: July 08, 2006, 05:32:02 am »
You are perfectly welcome Lucise.  I just love all of the effort you have put into illustrating the Laramie fics, and bringing some welcome humor to the discussion as well as an insight into what everyone (and everyTHING) might look like.

And when I check the user listing I see every day there are Guests lurking and reading the Ennis and Ellery thread.  Delurk, register and come join our discussions!  I have suspected (and have been told) that there are a whole lot more readers out there besides the ones who comment, and now with the help of the view Users I can see just how many lurkers are reading our discussion.  Stand up and be counted!  Let us know what you like and don't like!  Are there too many sex scenes?  Too few?  Did Ennis move on too quickly?  Was it about time?  What will happen when Ellery comes face to face again with the first man who touched his heart, and how will that affect his relationship with Ennis?  All of these are points worth discussion... or others that are on your mind.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #877 on: July 08, 2006, 05:42:06 am »
Thanks Louise. Well here I am and looking forward to lots of friendly discussions about the boys.

Has the group definitely decided on who will fit the bill for Ellery?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 05:45:01 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #878 on: July 08, 2006, 05:45:16 am »
Scroll back a bit in the Gallery and see several pictures of the now leading favorite... even I caved on my original choice of Keith Carradine in favor of the mysterious and handsome Hugh Jackman!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #879 on: July 08, 2006, 06:22:48 am »
Loose end from chapter 62/63...did Alma ever get Curt on the phone?
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!