Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000859 times)

pnwDUDE

Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2008, 10:14:29 pm »
don't disrespect the beef!  >:(
pure American grown Angus..

No disrespect. I love beef, and Angus is by far (what we raise) the best. It just don't belong in Italian spaghetti. That's all.

we had a meatloaf with stewed red potatoes and corn on the cob and fresh homemade french bread.

Sounds great. Who made the french bread (Safeway??)?

Brad

injest

« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2008, 10:15:23 pm »
No disrespect. I love beef, and Angus is by far (what we raise) the best. It just don't belong in Italian spaghetti. That's all.

Sounds great. Who made the french bread (Safeway??)?

Brad

>:( >:( >:(

oh you are looking for trouble now....

;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2008, 03:07:23 pm »

Breakfast was a cuppa coffee.

Lunch - rice and beef veggie stirfry.

Supper - I got leftover Apple Crisp (& vanilla icecream) waiting to be devoured. 
A dessert-only supper is a favoured option.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »
Supper was a bit elaborate. It's a school holiday this week and my kids decided to make a jack-o-lantern today.

So, we had pumpkin soup for starters, followed by beef with an onion and yellow pepper sauce, potatoes sauteed in olive oil and rosemary and Belgian endives.  My husband and I enjoyed some cheese after.

And then it was time for dessert made by my eldest daughter: vanilla and chocolate custard. It was a very nice dinner. And that bottle of Bordeaux wine my husband opened wasn't too bad either!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2008, 03:27:59 pm »
I just had the tastiest dinner for the second time in a row. Yesterday I tried something new: leek-quiche (and today I ate the leftovers).

Puff pastry (bought, not self-made) filled with a mass of leek, Parmesan cheese, eggs and vegetarian pâté, all mixed together. The receipt was on a can of vegetarian pâté I bought last week and it sounded good so I decided to give it a try.
It was heavenly - but alas, I was the only one from the family who thought so :-\.

you have food left over??!!
 :o :o :o
I wonder what THAT is like...

Try cooking something vegetarian with lots and with lots of vegetables. *sigh* None of my kids ate it and hubby only did because I had previously ordered him to set a good example for the kids ;D.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2008, 03:41:15 pm »
About kids and their appetites:

we had Belgian endives at dinner. Wonderful vegetable, very tasty, a little bit bitter. My kids don't like it. But they always have to taste it. We always insist on them eating just a little bit of it. They always protest loudly of course. LOL

But who knows, maybe some day, they'll decide they actually like certain vegetables. I believe in 'acquired taste'. *she said hopefully*  ;)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2008, 03:47:21 pm »
But they always have to taste it. We always insist on them eating just a little bit of it. They always protest loudly of course. LOL

Yeah, we (used to) have the same rule. The girls tried it yesterday, but my little one refuses to accept the "one bite" rule. Always has. And I've kind of given up on it. Gotta pick your fights.

Offline McNell

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2008, 03:50:13 pm »
 a neighbor that lives next to my sister-in-law dropped off some smoked ribs...she didn't want any and gave them to us...it looks weird...smells good...never had smoked ribs b-4....hmmmmm...who's the Guinea  pig?

injest

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2008, 09:08:07 pm »
I just had the tastiest dinner for the second time in a row. Yesterday I tried something new: leek-quiche (and today I ate the leftovers).

Puff pastry (bought, not self-made) filled with a mass of leek, Parmesan cheese, eggs and vegetarian pâté, all mixed together. The receipt was on a can of vegetarian pâté I bought last week and it sounded good so I decided to give it a try.
It was heavenly - but alas, I was the only one from the family who thought so :-\.

Try cooking something vegetarian with lots and with lots of vegetables. *sigh* None of my kids ate it and hubby only did because I had previously ordered him to set a good example for the kids ;D.

You ordered your husband to do something??

wonder how that feels...

injest

« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2008, 09:10:30 pm »
Yeah, we (used to) have the same rule. The girls tried it yesterday, but my little one refuses to accept the "one bite" rule. Always has. And I've kind of given up on it. Gotta pick your fights.

well you grow whole new taste buds (I hear) every ten years or so....and I think the article said something about kids taste buds being 'set' for sweet things....

anyhoo...I know there are a lot of things I love now that I HATED as a kid.