Author Topic: Sad and happy, happy and sad, as I just watched Brokeback Mountain movie again !  (Read 2645 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
           Sad and happy, happy and sad, as I just watched Brokeback Mountain movie again !           

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Certainly, we are looking forward to your questions, Artiste! Shoot!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to watch the movie since July. I miss it and hope to watch it again soon.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Merci Front-Ranger !

Here is the 1st:

In the very start of the Brokeback Mountain movie, in 1963 as the period, in the dark night scene, was that done in Alberta ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Yes, Artiste. The beginning shot of the movie was filmed near Longview, Alberta, on the flatlands looking toward the Canadian Rocky Mountain range and the Continental Divide. I took my friends RodneyWY and Vermont Sunset there and gave each of them a hawk's feather I found on the ground.

More information about this site is at the wonderful Finding Brokeback board http://www.findingbrokeback.com/New_Maps/Region_1_Frame.html

This same site at sunset appears in a later scene in the movie as Ennis is on his way to the Twists' house.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Merci beaucoup, thanks very much Front-Ranger !

That is so beautiful and the details you give great too !!

Plus as you say:
       The Bar U Ranch, originally owned by George Lane (one of the four founders of the Calgary Stampede), can be found 13 km south of Longview. It has been preserved as a National Historic Site and is open to the public during the summer. Also nearby is the ranch of Canadian country music legend Ian Tyson (songwriter and performer of the timeless folk song “Four Strong Winds”). Still very active, Tyson is often spotted in Longview buying groceries or playing impromptu sets in local bars.

Did you and your firends see that Bar U Ranch ? You have pics of it ? Etc. ?

And you saw Ian Tyson ?

Au revoir,
hugs!