Author Topic: Why did Mrs. Twist (Jack's mother) and MrTwist (his father) let Ennis have shirt  (Read 10659 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Merci Front-Ranger !

Can you consider the contrary that Mr. Twist loved or like Jack?

Somehow, maybe we can think of what happens, how one feels, after someone dies ?? The STAGES of grief??

You make me reconsider, and, yes, perhaps you are right that Old Man Twist did love his son but was going through the angry stage of grief and said some things that he would later regret. Perhaps OMT was the kind of person who gets hateful when he is angry and lashes out. This would also explain why he treated Jack so cruelly when Jack wet himself as a child. Also, he did put Jack on the woolies when he was a small boy, and Jack seemed to be fond of his dad (who knows why?) So maybe Jack's dad was loving at one time before things went sour and he became bitter.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Jack on the woolies when he was a small boy,

O.T
I've always wondered if I interpret that correctly. Does it mean that Jack got to sit on a sheep?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Yes, they have an event called Mutton Busters at rodeos, where children ride sheep instead of bulls.

Them sheep are slippery too! I've never seen a child stay on even 5 seconds much less 8. I wouldn't let my child do it.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Merci Front-Ranger!

I like your well thought post!

And you finish it with:
         So maybe Jack's dad was loving at one time before things went sour and he became bitter.

Front-Ranger and all:
may I consider that Mr. Twist, as a father or something like a gardian (??), started badly, like that pissing on Jack when Jack was a youth, but then learned to love him, since Jack was loveable, and then to listen to Jack's true stories and hopeful searches, especially that Jack sought love by another man once he saw Ennis' love for his son having heard about it by Jack??

Can this make sense somehow??

Au revoir,
hugs! (Note: I consider that from islamic bad treatment to a christian/jewish... better mindset !!)

Offline Artiste

I still am puzzled as to why Mrs. Twist lets Ennis have the shirt!

And why Mr. Twist did not stop Ennis from getting out with that shirt of Jack's!

Why ? Why?