Author Topic: BROKIE & SAYIF (R.I.P. - 12th of June 08)  (Read 55155 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Naming that kitten.. -> pictures now!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 05:28:16 am »
Some more pictures..

-> ready to jump..

-> the mother

-> enjoying some chicken

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 03:05:16 pm »

I love this one. great lines. the one the cats form and the ones in the patio floor. I love the double kittens in the center.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 06:41:07 pm »
Jude - they are irresistible!  Soon you will find you have literally 100s of photos of them...

Penthesilea - I was very allergic (with asthma) to pet hair when I was a child but seemed to have grown out of it now. Even going to someone's house where they had a cat would bring on a reaction.  But when I got my own house it was only a few months before I couldn't stand not having a cat & despite my doctor's advice I got two and have been totally fine.  Hopefully this will be the same for your child so they can enjoy having pets of their own later on.   
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 07:15:20 pm »
Jude -

If you lived close to me I would give you a big hug! I think what you did for those kittens and their mother is wonderful!

As for the names, I like the idea Melissa had. She suggested Proulx (because cats prowl).

It's difficult to figure out a name for a pet until you get to know the animal and his or her personality. My cat's name is Oreo, but this was easy... he's black with a streak of white down his middle. :)

THANK YOU JUDE for what you did for these animals! :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 07:17:54 pm by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 04:28:39 pm »
hi Jude,
your mother cat is the spitting image of my own cat, Suzy. And when we got another cat last year, I actually found its name by looking at the credits of a film my kids were watching and I saw the name Ollie.
You know, If I didn't already have two cats(who don't get along), I'd love to adopt one of your adorable kittens! And I'd better not show these pictures to my kids or I'll never hear the end of it.
Wonderful thing you're doing... :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2006, 05:15:16 pm »
Just want you to know I'm seizing and writhing with love for those pictures.  Here's a list of some of my all-time favorite things:

- cats
- tabby cats
- tabby cats in piles

You have hit all these nails on the head.

How about

"KittyWest RectangleState"?

(Kind of Like SpongeBob Squarepants)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 07:03:30 pm »
I love this one. great lines. the one the cats form and the ones in the patio floor. I love the double kittens in the center.

Starboardlight - I agree. The math is great in that picture.

-> the mother

These two are my favorites. Both show incredible balance from a photographic standpoint. Both are extremely cute too.

Of course, all of the pictures are very cute. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 05:09:24 am »
Oh thank you all for the nice comments!

I'm a bit out of it.. 'cause this morning I brought the mother to the vet to get her neutered.. She got a injection that hurt and she screemed and afterwards looked at me...  ehh.. I almost cried! She will hate me! She will! At least for a few days...

I have to pick her up in an hour.. This is going to be very difficult.

Also, the vet asked me for a name. She needed one for administrative purposes, so I just said 'Brokie'. So the mum is now baptized.. Still looking for a name for the kitten I'm going to keep.

Fonteine, I asked my Arabic teacher yesterday.. eh.. he was amused by my question.. and the other two pupils too. Afterwards we had a longish discussion on the words 'love' 'to love' etc..  ;D  But he told me something completely different to what you said. Maybe it's a dialect. There are big big differences in the Arabic dialects, depending on where one is from. I'm not sure I can ask my teacher again - about "ah heh bik"..  :laugh:  What will he think!  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 05:43:56 pm »
I have always had tabbies because I am allergic to any other. A cat that I once had and still miss was named Smokie. If you want something that rhymes with Brokie and reminds you of something Jack and Ennis did a lot, it might work.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kajunite

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 09:14:20 pm »
My only word out of my mouth when I saw the pictures was "Precious" but please don't call a boy kitten that. 

They do look precocious in some of the photos.  Beautiful, and that is you for the rescue.   8)