Author Topic: Michelle Williams in Tears over Ledger, Angry at Paparazzi  (Read 6187 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Michelle Williams in Tears over Ledger, Angry at Paparazzi
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:26:36 pm »
The Huffington Post   |   November 22, 2008 06:56 PM

Michelle Williams has started doing publicity for her upcoming independent film "Wendy and Lucy" and broke into tears during a Newsweek interview when the subject of her ex-fiance Heath Ledger, dad to daughter Matilda, came up.

Williams is jovial and chatty, until the conversation turns to Heath. You can see it's still difficult for her to talk about him, and she hasn't done so publicly until now. The first time Ledger's name comes up, she bursts into tears. "It's so sad," Williams says. When she's asked about how she's been doing in the past year, she's silent for a very long time. "I guess it's always changing," she says. There's another pause. "What else can I say?" Her voice is breathy and fragile, and she takes a few gulps of air. "I just wake up each day in a slightly different place--grief is like a moving river, so that's what I mean by 'it's always changing'." She stops again. "It's a strange thing to say"--her words unravel slowly, her eyes tear up--"because I'm at heart an optimistic person, but I would say in some ways it just gets worse. It's just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone. In some ways it gets worse. That's what I would say."

As she walks back to her car, Williams spots an SUV parked on the side of the road. Is it the paparazzi? No, but her heart still sinks at the thought. The paparazzi are one topic that gets her so riled up, she spits out curse words. "It burns a fire inside of me, the s--- that I've seen people do to get at me or my daughter," she says. "I won't forget it, and I won't support it. I don't want my daughter growing up feeling spied on or threatened."

Read the whole interview here:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/170184/page/1

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Michelle Williams in Tears over Ledger, Angry at Paparazzi
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:24:26 pm »
Thanks for posting this friend. My heart goes out to her. I wanted to see Wendy and Lucy at the film festival last weekend, but it was more important to see my friend perform at the PROG Festival!! Maybe we could see it sometime together.

"chewing gum and duct tape"