Author Topic: When is it too early to put up your Christmas tree?  (Read 41307 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: When is it too early to put up your Christmas tree?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 10:55:24 pm »
I put up a small one Thanksgiving Day as I had guests over for lunch. I put up the larger tree yesterday, because Dusty's little boy came into town and I wanted him to see the tree and the lights, and his gift underneath.

How nice!  :D  Does he have to wait till Christmas for his gift?

Every year, she still managed to drive us around the local area the week of Christmas to look at all the outside decorations (we never put any up after I was about 5).  I still very fondly remember a couple of those drives.

Barb, when I was small boy in the Sixties, before the Energy Crisis of the Seventies threw a monkey wrench into the whole outside Christmas light thing, driving around to see the lights was one of my most favorite things to do at the holidays.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 04:10:25 am »
MiniMeno and I drove around tonight looking at the lights.  There are people a few blocks away who coat every tree, shrub, lamppost, chimney, everything in their yard, in little lights, like someone took a giant bucket of lights-paint and splashed it on.  We have seen them working on this twice this week, in the evenings, which is cool, to watch the progress.  Looking at the lights is one of my favorite things too.  And we've already logged more than four hours (probably 6 or more) listening to the "all Christmas music all the time" radio station.  But not a decoration up at our house, as yet.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 10:15:21 am »
MiniMeno and I drove around tonight looking at the lights.  There are people a few blocks away who coat every tree, shrub, lamppost, chimney, everything in their yard, in little lights, like someone took a giant bucket of lights-paint and splashed it on.  We have seen them working on this twice this week, in the evenings, which is cool, to watch the progress.  Looking at the lights is one of my favorite things too.  And we've already logged more than four hours (probably 6 or more) listening to the "all Christmas music all the time" radio station.  But not a decoration up at our house, as yet.

I've never put lig --

Wait a minute. I think lights deserve a topic of their own, don't you? OK, off I go to start it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 02:51:26 pm »

:D  That sounds lovely! Do they use multicolor or all one color?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 05:08:58 am »
:D  That sounds lovely! Do they use multicolor or all one color?

You know, my memory of last year was that it was all tiny white lights, but this year, it's multi-color.  I don't know if my memory is faulty or whuh.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:37 am »
It's the weekend after Thanksgiving, and my tree is going up now.

:)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2018, 10:35:01 am »
Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow, and the Christmas tree went up the lobby of my workplace yesterday. It was decorated when I came in this morning.  >:(

And the ornaments are not especially cheery and bright.  :P

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2018, 04:53:37 pm »
Wow, that is pretty early to have the tree up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 12:48:47 am »
At Michael's Hobby Shop, everything Christmas-y is on sale at 50 percent off.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2018, 10:01:20 am »
At Michael's Hobby Shop, everything Christmas-y is on sale at 50 percent off.

Too bad I don't have one close by. I could use some new fake holly garland to deck my dining room chandelier.

I guess I could check to see if A.C. Moore, the competitor to Michael's, to keep up.