Author Topic: Aren't the most recently replied to threads....  (Read 3891 times)

Surf

Aren't the most recently replied to threads....
« on: March 31, 2006, 04:14:32 pm »
and newly created threads...supposed to jump to the top of the forum?  I swear it was working that way before and now it's not....

vkm91941

Re: Aren't the most recently replied to threads....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 04:16:30 pm »
Yes but if there is a topic that the moderators feel needs to be in the forefront for awhile...sort of like a public service announcement they can "sticky" it and it stays at the top until they unsticky it.  Since invitations is an ongoing issue and very timely  I've sticky'd these two for a day or two.

Surf

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 04:17:26 pm »
Yes but if there is a topic that the moderators feel needs to be in the forefront for awhile...sort of like a public service announcement they can "sticky" it and it stays at the top until they unsticky it.  Since invitations is an ongoing issue and very timely  I've sticky'd these two for a day or two.

I just figured that out..the icon for Sticky isn't very obivous.

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:21:01 pm »

I just figured that out..the icon for Sticky isn't very obivous.

Yep I know...I'm still learning too and I'm supposed to know this stuff and help everyone else!  LOL a case of the blind leading the blind.  No worries

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:42:04 pm »
Mine are still poppin' to the top.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:44:54 pm »
Oh, I take that back. This post of mine didn't pop to the top.
Is there anyway to unsticky the posts on a individual basis? Is that somewhere in my preferences? I really don't prefer that any threads be at the top of my list, except the ones someone has just posted in.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 04:46:53 pm »
In your forum profile, there is a forum preferences option (Look and Layout Preferences) with a checkbox you can check so that recent posts are always at the top (except the sticky ones.)
-Lynne
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 10:03:45 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Surf

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 04:56:09 pm »
In youor forum profille, there is a forum preferences option (Look and Layout Preferences) with a checkbox you can check so that recent posts are always at the top (except the sticky ones.)
-Lynne

That's only for replies within threads, not threads within forums. I tested it.  I don't have it checked and threads within forums that have been recently replied to jump to the top by default with this forum software, which is a good thing.  Most people will want to leave that box unchecked, so they can read replies within threads in chronological order.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 05:03:43 pm »
sorry...I'm confused then.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 06:54:22 pm »
In a word-no. You cannot individually unstick a sticky post. The purpose of the sticky is to keep important info at the front-elimintes need for constant bumping. I don't know if there is a function in your profile to select which threads are viewable to you.

Heathen