Author Topic: BetterMost Banner Image Collection  (Read 137362 times)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: BetterMost Banner Image Collection
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2008, 01:28:38 pm »
Are other banner images available here - such as the current Wyoming in April?
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2008, 12:47:28 pm »
Here is a banner image of the Morley location from the movie shooting (taken during the Alberta pilgrimage)

What about this one, taken in Morley??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2008, 06:26:30 pm »
The banner image from June 7th 2008 was taken by me last summer in Kananaskis Country, one of the primary filming locations for Brokeback.  I'll have the full image available shortly - we're still tinkering with it because it's not coming out as sharp as I would have liked.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2008, 05:14:48 pm »
Hint, hint: Tent don't look right! Those Xmas balls up there in the banner are the size of apples!! And they are starting to grate on my New Year's eyes!! Git your new banner images here, or I'm sure you have lots from Alberta that haven't been posted yet! Thanks!!

I have the same reaction to the holiday banner every year along about this time: those balls are the size of apples!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2009, 12:15:55 am »

I like the holiday banners.  I loved the one from Kerry, of the front room with the fire and the lights...I think all the year
we have the regular pictures, and it is nice to have some that are indicative of the season, or the holidays.

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2009, 05:25:24 pm »
Thanks for noticing about the news banners, friend Janice! This has become a joint project among the moderators. I am very proud of the way the banners look, how they're changing frequently, and our spirit of collaboration on them! I think working on the news banners has truly united the moderators this year!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 12:50:48 pm »
Our image for January 2007:

I nominate this beautiful snow scene for the January 2009 banner!!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2009, 11:14:59 am »
I found a new scene for 2009.  The only odd thing about it will be mostly noticed by those using a widescreen monitor.  The peak of the hill is actually the dividing line between the end of the image, and a "mirror" of it.  One of the problems we've had is with images that are not widescreen enough, which causes them to repeat for a growing number of folks who are moving to wider screens.  This image wasn't wide enough either, but it was extended through a mirror trick, which is why there appears to be a lot of symmetry around that hill.

The gift boxes and some other issues with our holiday theme will be retired shortly, especially the too dark message editor preview mode.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2009, 02:38:56 pm »
I found a new scene for 2009.  The only odd thing about it will be mostly noticed by those using a widescreen monitor.  The peak of the hill is actually the dividing line between the end of the image, and a "mirror" of it.  One of the problems we've had is with images that are not widescreen enough, which causes them to repeat for a growing number of folks who are moving to wider screens.  This image wasn't wide enough either, but it was extended through a mirror trick, which is why there appears to be a lot of symmetry around that hill.

The gift boxes and some other issues with our holiday theme will be retired shortly, especially the too dark message editor preview mode.

I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it, Phillip  It looks kind of cool.  :)

I'm glad the dark message editor preview is on the way out, since it's hard to tell how colors will read when they're posted.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2009, 02:42:30 pm »
I nominate this beautiful snow scene for the January 2009 banner!!

That is so beautiful! Where is that?
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"