Author Topic: "Nightfall" by "Living in Transcendence"  (Read 17354 times)

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: "Nightfall" by "Living in Transcendence"
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 03:19:13 am »
I won't say ANYBODY can write slash (like--I can't very well), but how many people can write about such a man-woman relastionship as in chapter 6? A caberet like in chapter 1? Ya had to be 10 to be in the Hitlerjugend--but what WAS the upper age limit? So we have here some of the 'disappointingly few' who resisted Hitler---will they, or will they just get out while the gettin's still good?

WHERE WILL THEY GO?

Oh yeah...slash is good, too...one problem: these two guys (whozzat?) see eye-to-eye on a lot of things besides sex...doesn't that count, too? Er, well, when you get around to it...

Ciomment on Live Journal. probably sick of my comments by now...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 05:44:31 am »
I won't say ANYBODY can write slash (like--I can't very well), but how many people can write about such a man-woman relastionship as in chapter 6? A caberet like in chapter 1? Ya had to be 10 to be in the Hitlerjugend--but what WAS the upper age limit? So we have here some of the 'disappointingly few' who resisted Hitler---will they, or will they just get out while the gettin's still good?

WHERE WILL THEY GO?

Oh yeah...slash is good, too...one problem: these two guys (whozzat?) see eye-to-eye on a lot of things besides sex...doesn't that count, too? Er, well, when you get around to it...

Ciomment on Live Journal. probably sick of my comments by now...

Sick of your comments?  Unlikely!  :D  I love getting comments, they're half the joy of writing a story sometimes ;)

Alma in this story is in the Bund Deutscher Madel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bund_Deutscher_M%C3%A4del
They had an upper age limit but they weren't that strict about it in practice.  They were also still picking up speed in 1933, they were not quite the large organization they were soon to become.

Thanks for all your feedback, I really appreciate it.  I've been putting a lot of research and time into this fic, so it's good to know that someone notices and appreciates it :)  Thanks Julie!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:35 am »
"He kisses better thasn any fuck I ever had" is right up there with "I could pretend it was you." And "Jesus, what tickled your funnybone?"

If I read the last chapter any more, the pixels are going to come off...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:08:00 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 02:55:34 am »
Working on the next chapter right now :)

Helen

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 04:58:49 am »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Please be finished within the next twelve hours!

*begs*

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 01:54:38 am »
I'm reading (or is it eating?) the pixels off...

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 07:55:00 pm »
Kapitel 6: Crossing Lives
http://trascedenza.livejournal.com/25995.html#cutid1

It will also be posted on fanfiction.net soon.

Sorry about that Helen, the boys didn't want to cooperate with me!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 03:36:53 pm »
promise I'll never be impatient again.  Nicht so kalt jetzt...querry: Didn't Jack play Hindenberg IN DRAG? Or is that different than just plain acting in drag? Soon, nobody will be acting in drag...don't mean to rush you, but Einstein was long gone, and Weill and Brecht left in '33. Does Jack even KNOW he's Jewish? (Jake wore brown contact lenses for D.Darko--looked like a Jewish boy, for a change...)--I mean, I spent a year in Germany in '51, and only thought about being Jewish maybe 5 times; I'm sure OTHER P:EOPLE thiought about it, though..Oh well, Friends and Freedom...

Finally figured out "Too Busted Up" and left a review.  It all came to me while my compuer was in the shop... Ennis does not marry; Jack does not go to Texas and ruin his body, --so they both get drafted...thus follows (actually, precedes) the rest of your story...

dona nobis pacem.  Please, somebody...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 04:09:57 pm by twistedude »

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 06:54:58 pm »
Jack did not play Hindenburg in drag; Sabine tried to get him to, but he refused.  That's why he got some complaints about his performance.

Jack does know he's Jewish and that will be coming up in future chapters.  And don't worry about rushing me :)  I've pretty much plotted out this whole story and the results of Hitler's recent election will be rapidly visiible.

Too Busted Up will be updating soon, hopefully, and the next chapter will reveal much more about the plot.  It's a pretty convulted plotline that will unfold through flashbacks, but hopefully people will stick around to see it out :)