Author Topic: "Nightfall" by "Living in Transcendence"  (Read 17139 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: "Nightfall" by "Living in Transcendence"
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 02:06:22 pm »
Y'Mean, I was wrong abiout Too Buasted Up? Gee, i was so inspired...

Sorry about thinking Jack did Hindenberg in drag...I thought he was just rejecting that Particulkar dress. Niko didn't throw him out after all....

Could you post a link to your "research" page? I've been told it's there, but can't seem to find it. Thanks.

I think I know who Jager is, but I ain't gonna say...I'm shy.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:35:34 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 02:42:49 pm »
Is thiis story dead? Just because SOMEONE didn't like it, doesn't mean that those of us who might be more knowledgable don't! MORE$, please!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline wonderland

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 05:57:01 pm »
Is thiis story dead? Just because SOMEONE didn't like it, doesn't mean that those of us who might be more knowledgable don't! MORE$, please!

I think she's got RL issues but from what I hear she's definitely continuing but no ETA on the next update sadly

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 10:02:52 am »
Next update will be posted by Sunday night.  Sorry for the delay!  A lot of RL issues did crop up, as well as computer issues (which I'm still dealing with unfortunately).

And for research I mostly use wikipedia.com.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 01:32:51 pm »
hey, me too! Amaziing how you can make Wikipedia sound like War and Peace!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:04:32 pm by twistedude »

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 05:25:57 am »
Kapitel 7: At The Eldorado
http://trascedenza.livejournal.com/30259.html#cutid1

I'll post it at FF.net later, right now I have to sleep.  Fevers are no fun :(  And sorry about the cliffhanger, I really didn't mean to... but the next chapter's all planned out in my head so it should come out much faster.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 02:01:15 pm »
Sheera! You write me and I write you, and neither of us get each other's posts!! Oh well; see you in Chicago.

bump for chapter 7 on Live Joirnal (post above)--not yet on ff.

That is, I HOPE to see you in Chicago! I had pneumionia last week! Hope you are well by now.

Ab raham looks like a chess champion...yeah, he looks like a Jew. very small jioke.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 02:20:12 pm by twistedude »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 04:50:21 pm »
Kapitel 7: At The Eldorado
http://trascedenza.livejournal.com/30259.html#cutid1

I'll post it at FF.net later, right now I have to sleep.  Fevers are no fun :(  And sorry about the cliffhanger, I really didn't mean to... but the next chapter's all planned out in my head so it should come out much faster.
Sheera!!
How're you feeling?? I see you're online. Has the fever gone down a bit?? Pleeeeease feel better soon  :-*
I totally loved the latest chapter, I commented on your LJ. Awwwww, but poor, sweet Jack.....you MUST update as soon as you're feeling up to it again!!!

:-*

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 07:18:57 am »
Julie--it seems like FF.net hates me and doesn't like to send out half the PMs I write, it's most irritating.  And in regards to the Superman fanfiction--have you seen the latest movie, Superman Returns?  That's what my fic is based off of.  Hope you're well enough to go to Chicago this weekend!

June--Thanks so much dear, my temperature's down and I think I'm on the road to recovery now :)  Definitely going to get writing soon, taking a little break to do some lighthearted RPS but I won't leave Jack hanging there too long.  And thank you so much for the wonderful comments. :-*

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006, 12:29:42 am »
Hey--modesty will get you nowhere! Chapter 8 of "Nighhtfall" is up.

(I can't leave reviews on ff, for some obscure reason)

It seems to me a little more opennesss on both sides is damn near imperitive...

A man who walked away from a prestigious art academy can't even think about walking away from his fiancee? Centuries ago, this was literally true--but surely not in the 20th!

Oh: Bob says the draft was still on from WW2, in 1964. I'm going to look it up now...

HERE YOU GO--Googled...

"Background of Selective Service
For more than 50 years, Selective Service and the registration requirement for America's young men have served as a backup system to provide manpower to the U.S. Armed Forces.

"President Franklin Roosevelt signed the Selective Training and Service Act of 1940 which created the country's first peacetime draft and formally established the Selective Service System as an independent Federal agency.

From 1948 until 1973, during both peacetime and periods of conflict, men were drafted to fill vacancies in the armed forces which could not be filled through voluntary means.

In 1973, the draft ended and the U.S. converted to an All-Volunteer military"

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:35:34 am by twistedude »