Author Topic: "Nightfall" by "Living in Transcendence"  (Read 17136 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: "Nightfall" by "Living in Transcendence"
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2006, 08:33:19 pm »
does anyone know when this might update?? I found it right when ch. 9 was posted and I'm seriously dying for the next chapter!!

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Companyofmen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2006, 04:01:00 am »
C'mon, Sheera, ' les ya wanna sit around tying Supermans all day...not that your other stories aren't great--ALL of them--but you have been negecting your German painter and caberet actor...'n they're in a heap a trouble.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 04:11:41 pm by Companyofmen »
Reporter to Gandhi: What do you think of western civilization?
Gandhi: I think it would be a very good idea.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 02:17:25 am »
C'mon, Sheera, ' les ya wanna sit around tying Supermans all day...not that your other stories aren't great--ALL of them--but you have been negecting your German painter and caberet actor...'n they're in a heap a trouble.
  (twistedude)
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2006, 11:36:51 pm »
NEW CHAPTER UP---DEC. 24!

hey Sheera--LET US KNOW! New chapter of "Nightfall" is up...writing is great, situation ghastly....and a merry christmas to you, too! (No, PLEASE don't stop!)
I will give nothing away. I expressed my surprise and interest in my feedbacvk on ff.  You seem to be more or less paralleling Breokeback Mountaqin in some things--which weren't nearly as clear before. Your writing gets better all the time. Like Truman Capote, it's like ice crystals...

By the way (I read all your feedbnack on ff, now that I CAN): if you want to say "I am cold" in German, without saying "to me is cold," you can also say "ich friere." It's pretty colloqial, and is more like "Brrr..it's cold out" than "I'm cold."

"Mir ist kalt" is what he would have said....the German speaker is right.

"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2006, 10:44:02 am »
I love the mood Sheera creates in this story. It really is beautifully written, one of the few fan fics that goes beyond. I hope we don't have to wait long for the next update. Please??  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2006, 05:17:55 am »
POPSSIOBLE SPOILER--HOPE NOT.  BETTER NOT READ BEFORE NEW CHAPTER.

li9ttleguitar--but, while she's writing all thiose other stories (I think there're 30!), she's honing her skills for this one..which i dearly love.

Can't WAIT for the contiunuation of the conversation that ends the last chapter...what a GREAT idea (not the thing itself (Ding an sich!), but the disusdsion of it)...how can I get myself out of a misunderstanding without giving anything awasy? YURG . I mean, not the thing itself in this case. Jeez..did I blow it?

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2006, 03:17:32 pm »
POPSSIOBLE SPOILER--HOPE NOT.  BETTER NOT READ BEFORE NEW CHAPTER.

li9ttleguitar--but, while she's writing all thiose other stories (I think there're 30!), she's honing her skills for this one..which i dearly love.

Can't WAIT for the contiunuation of the conversation that ends the last chapter...what a GREAT idea (not the thing itself (Ding an sich!), but the disusdsion of it)...how can I get myself out of a misunderstanding without giving anything awasy? YURG . I mean, not the thing itself in this case. Jeez..did I blow it?

So so true about honing her skills. She is one of the few fan fic writers who's writing is almost flawless. The literary aspect of her writing blows me away. I keep meaning to start her other fics, can you recommend one?

LOL you didn't blow it! I had the same trouble when I was trying to write a post about this chapter... so I finally opted for just not saying anything about the plot all together  :)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2006, 06:32:27 pm »
her one shots are very interesting ( I particularly remember one in which two creatures are having sex, and one has very expressive wings.).  She frequently took three words from Annie Proulx' story, and built a little story on them. Sorry, no links. Go to  fanfiction.net, and type in "Living-in Transcendence," under "search,"and then go to her home page (if you're not already there), and see the-- it's 44!--stories listed, with brief descriptions. OR: just go to a link for this story on fanfiction.net, and click on her name, and I think you'll be there in a jiffy.

Many are quite dark, as dark as this one is at present--and may conclude darkly, I suppose....sniff...there sure a plenty of opportunities for two guys in Nazi German not to get together, if not get snuffed!

One of her most recent ones led me to comment: this one makes me worry about ther author! But anyone who can write like that should have plenty to live for!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 08:52:07 pm by twistedude »

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2006, 03:20:19 am »
hey Sheera--LET US KNOW!
Sorry about that!  I've been writing a lot of holiday fics for folks so I've been bad about getting my links up.  But here they are, even if they're late :)

LJ: http://trascendenza.livejournal.com/58837.html
FF: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3017065/11/

"Mir ist kalt" is what he would have said....the German speaker is right.
Yeah, I realized that right after I posted it, but I can't seem to find an easy way to edit FF posts?  I fixed it on my LJ and would do so on FF except that I don't want to re-upload the whole chapter...

her one shots are very interesting ( I particularly remember one in which two creatures are having sex, and one has very expressive wings.).
That particular drabble was about a long-lived human man and a winged man :)  They're from The Black Jewels Trilogy.

One of her most recent ones led me to comment: this one makes me worry about ther author! But anyone who can write like that should have plenty to live for!
No need to worry about me!  That one-shot was written about a character who actually is dead.  It's from a television show called Dead Like Me, hence it's a large theme that the characters are constantly tackling.

And littleguitar--thank you so much!  My greatest hope is that my writing skills will continue to improve so I really appreciate your kind words.

And, if it's helpful, all my work is also indexed in my LJ here:
Memories Section

Or, for just the BBM fics:
BBM Memories Section

Up at the top you can choose to have all the entries organized by "description" and then they should be in order by series and whether they're canon/AU/AU!AU/etc.

And I can't promise anything, but I'm thinking that one of my New Year's resolutions will be to (try) and finish Nightfall in January.  January marks the month when I'll have been writing BBM fanfic for a year (I started last year on Jan. 13), so it seems like a good time to wrap up some WIPs. :)

Offline Sheera

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 05:47:45 pm »
Well, no way Nightfall's going to get finished in January, but here's a new chapter. :)

Kapitel 11, Torn Asunder
http://trascendenza.livejournal.com/78409.html