Author Topic: Kerry Takes a Walk Down Memory Lane  (Read 16493 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Kerry Takes a Walk Down Memory Lane
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 02:41:57 pm »
Kerry, I'm looking out my window at over a foot of snow (with more snow falling) and the temperature is around 5 degrees F.  What a lovely escape to enjoy these gorgeous pictures and your wonderfully descriptive narration!  :)

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 08:55:11 pm »
Kerry, I'm looking out my window at over a foot of snow (with more snow falling) and the temperature is around 5 degrees F.  What a lovely escape to enjoy these gorgeous pictures and your wonderfully descriptive narration!  :)

Thanks,
Marie

Glad you're enjoying it, Marie. Get your bathers on, because we'll be taking a dip in the ocean shortly.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 10:30:17 pm »
Lovely.  Am waiting excitedly for more.  :)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 10:54:06 pm »
Lovely.  Am waiting excitedly for more.  :)

Me too, Kerry, when you're ready.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 02:53:18 am »
I love looking at Kerry's pictures, and he's an excellent photographer too! I feel like I'm actually there when I look at his pictures. It's a nice switch from this cold and brutal weather we've been having here in the Midwest.

(Marie I sympathize with you!)

Although tomorrow they tell us it will be 70 F with severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes in the area.  :-\

But don't let that stop you Kerry! Because we have a saying in Indiana:  "If you don't like the weather here, wait a minute".

It will switch back to bone chilling cold again, soon enough!  :laugh:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 12:08:47 pm »
These pictures are beautiful, Kerry.  Thank you for sharing your memories with us!   :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 10:17:13 pm »

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words.  :-*

Let's continue our walk, shall we?  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 10:22:30 pm »

I take the wooden steps down to the lakeside path that leads to North Narrabeen beach. From there I walk along the beach to South Narrabeen, where I grew up. This photo shows South Narrabeen beach, looking south towards Collaroy in the middle distance and Long Reef in the far distance, as seen from the cul-de-sac at the end of the street where my family home was located. It’s still early, with few people out and about. The air is warm with a refreshing ocean breeze blowing. It was fun to paddle in the sea, as I walked along the beach. The water was quite cold and made my toes tingle.

I sit on the beach at the end of my street and gaze out to sea. If these sands could speak, oh what a tale they would tell. When one thinks of ghosts, the usual imagery that comes to mind is of haunted houses and graveyards. For me, however, here  be ghosts! This was my playground, when I was a child. My three older brothers were all volunteer life savers here. I spent much of my childhood on this beach. As I sit here today, my parents, brothers, childhood friends and family, are not far away. In fact, this apparently deserted beach is not deserted at all. I am surrounded by loved ones here today. For example, here’s a little chap I knew very well . . . . .

His name is Kerry.
He is a sensitive, shy, introspective child,
who loves to splash and play in the sea.
This photo was taken at the same place
the previous two photos were taken.

To be continued . . . . .

Next, we’ll feed the ducks, down by the lake.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:47:20 pm by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 01:49:37 am »
Those are absolutely beautiful pictures of the beach and the ocean Kerry! And what a CUTE CUTE CUTE little boy you were! Awww! :-*

Did you remember to wave at me when you went to the beach? I'm no where NEAR the Pacific ocean (or ANY ocean for that matter... Lake Michigan is about as close to an ocean as I can get without driving hundreds and hundreds of miles) but on Christmas Day I stood out in my yard, faced to the southwest and waved at you! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 02:31:41 am »
Those are absolutely beautiful pictures of the beach and the ocean Kerry! And what a CUTE CUTE CUTE little boy you were! Awww! :-*

Did you remember to wave at me when you went to the beach? I'm no where NEAR the Pacific ocean (or ANY ocean for that matter... Lake Michigan is about as close to an ocean as I can get without driving hundreds and hundreds of miles) but on Christmas Day I stood out in my yard, faced to the southwest and waved at you! :)

I not only waved, David. I also blew many kisses. I spent Christmas Day at Narrabeen, as I do every year. You would have been sound asleep on your Christmas Eve, when I was at Narrabeen on my Christmas Day.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν