Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 298883 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Chapter 7: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 03:13:49 pm »
If you are not a die hard fan that Jack has to die and there is no way to save Jack, please consider reading Leslie's fan fictions.  It is a good fan fiction in the alternate universe (the term they used for fan fictions).

I like it as it fulfills my curiosity on how can Ennis and Jack make it work if they do choose to have a life together. 

If you are like me that have a weaker stomach for sexually explicit details (I doubt there are many on this board), you will be fine once you pass chapter 2  ;D unless Leslie has more surprises waiting for us in the future chapters ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 03:21:43 pm »
As always Leslie, another great chapter.   I just can't get enough of our boys.     ;)

Thanks, David... :)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 04:12:08 pm »

For the last chapter, I ignored my family and didn't cook dinner. For this one, I ignored work. What's next??

Ignoring sleep.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2006, 04:20:01 pm »
Perfect timing! I watched it last night-ended up not being able to sleep because of it and it's been playing through my head all damn day-with the attending sadness. I can't handle Jack being dead, I just can't!

O0

Heathen

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2006, 04:51:40 pm »
Oh Leslie,

I am glad that I read it now than later.  Beautifully done, the best chapter so far!  No wonder it’s one of my favorites.  :)

He loved these little curls. Something about them made Ennis seem innocent and young
I love this.  This is exactly that I thought when I watched the movie.  Ennis/Heath’s curled hair and eye lashes make him seems so innocent and young.

It’s so sweet that you added the sending pray of thanks joke in the story; finally let Ennis said what he couldn’t say in the past.

Roger Grindell… I smell more trouble coming…

More please.  But I will be patient; don’t want to scare your muse away. ;)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2006, 05:10:23 pm »
Chapter 7, a great pleasure as always--it's so much fun seeing them interact with others, since most of their meetings are completely private! Can't wait to see Ennis teaching Bobby to ride...

I wrote what I thought was something important over on the fanfiction board. This is the gist of it:

It had better NOT be obvious to EVERYONE that they are crazy about eachother if this story is going to continue with both of them alive for a while! Hal is of course an exception, --but his reaction, too, I think, should have been somewhat tempered : just looking at your faces, it's easy to see yer crazy about eachother --or something like that--will NOT DO, even from another gay man!
It should be clear that Hal picks up on things that most people wouldn't..an overly contageous smile, an exchanged glance, etc.

I had an idea for a story...I think. About Lureen, and another guy she meets...dunno..whatdaya think?
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2006, 09:10:31 pm »
Bravo Leslie!
Every chapter keeps getting better and better.. Printed it out so I can read it again before bed.. I also reviewed it.. ;)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2006, 09:15:16 pm »
Bravo Leslie!
Every chapter keeps getting better and better.. Printed it out so I can read it again before bed.. I also reviewed it.. ;)

Thanks, DeeDee...I saw your review. Thanks for your support, I appreciate it...LHN
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2006, 10:37:01 pm »
I just read the entire fic.  I loved it.  Thanks for posting it...I can't believe I missed it before. 
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2006, 11:29:24 pm »
Just posted another review of your story at FanFiction. I love how you write Ennis and Jack with each other, and how they're interacting with the other characters, especially Hal.  It was great when Jack told him in that stage whisper that Twister was named after him.  I sure could see Jack's smile when he did that.  Thanks, Leslie!
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air