Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 298797 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: A Love Born From Steel: Chapter 11
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2006, 03:07:01 pm »
That's the way I picture them...that age, 33 years old  each. Jack's slimming down, now, and looking good. I'd like to think those silly sideburns have been shaved off although I haven't explicitly written that.

Leslie
xo

Oh good, because that's the way I always picture them when I'm reading your story, too.... nice to know I've got the right image in my head!

I can't wait to read it!!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2006, 08:14:12 pm »
A very sweet chapter.  It makes me happy.  I posted my reviews under the fan fiction forum. 

My favorite line:

“Make sure you leave time for other activities.”  The line cracks me up; I can not believe Ennis said that.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2006, 08:19:40 pm »
Since I did not put the review up for chapter 10, I will put them together.

Chapter 10 is “Smooth

The character development is smooth.  I actually just finished another fanfic (Somebody New) and switched to this chapter.  Other than the different story lines, I didn’t feel there is a big difference in the characters. They were all based on the characters in the story/movie, but matured over time in fanfics from the story/movie version of the characters, particular Ennis. 

Jack and Lureen’s conversation was pretty smooth.

Smooth transition to the proposal of buying Lazy L.  Looks like our beloved characters get to stay in Texas after all.

Chapter 11 is “Happy”  Very happy indeed.  :D

I am…

Happy that Jack took care of Ennis from the attire, the car, to where to stay, and what to do, to make sure that Ennis looked good and proper in the whole picking up girls deal. 

Happy that Ennis stood up against his old fears, and decided he can not live on his life by what others think

Happy that the whole sleeping arrangement was not an issue after all the discussions.

Happy that Ennis and Junior had the talk. Didn’t realize that Junior was only 12.  She was a very mature girl. 

Happy that Junior was so sweet to Jack.

“Make sure you leave time for other activities.”  The line cracks me up; I can not believe Ennis said that.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2006, 08:44:27 pm »
A very sweet chapter.  It makes me happy.  I posted my reviews under the fan fiction forum. 

My favorite line:

Not only does he say it, he winks as he does so. My Ennis is the sexiest man on the planet (if I may say so) and man oh man, do I wish I could wink (I can't).

Readers...I need your opinion on "mansex". Thoughts, people?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2006, 09:44:26 pm »
REALLY liked chapter11. Everyone's growing up, some of us are growing old. Of ciourse, I just sent Leslie my second stiory...so I'm noivous as hell.  I get to the end of a stiory, and remember..the movie's a tragedy...

It's funny how nobody seems to like Alma (I never have), but didn't get around to mentioning it till they started writing fanfiction..i was scared to say so myself.

I'm a MUCH better critic than a short story writer--what happened to all my incisive coments?
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Chapter 12: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2006, 07:43:12 am »
I'm spoiling you guys, I know I am. Another chapter in less than 48 hours? Jeez. Believe it or not, I do have a "real" job. Unfortunately, not too much work is getting done these days. Oh well, it's more fun to live vicariously through the adventures of Ennis and Jack in Quanah.

Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2853224/13/

As always, feedback and comments are welcome. Please consider posting a review at the fanfic site. I do appreciate everyone's support!

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2006, 07:44:08 am »
I'm spoiling you guys, I know I am. Another chapter in less than 48 hours? Jeez. Believe it or not, I do have a "real" job. Unfortunately, not too much work is getting done these days. Oh well, it's more fun to live vicariously through the adventures of Ennis and Jack in Quanah.

Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2853224/13/

As always, feedback and comments are welcome. Please consider posting a review at the fanfic site. I do appreciate everyone's support!

Leslie
MaineWriter

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Chapter 12: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2006, 07:53:36 am »
OMG!   Another one?     and only nine minutes since you posted it!   I'm so on my way to go read it!      Thanks Leslie!     

MUAH!    :-*

Revised:    Just read it Hun.   It is a sweet life indeed!      Loved every word of it.

Can we send all of the chapters to Heath and Jake with a petition that they make a film out of it for us?    ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:15:25 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2006, 09:43:53 am »
Awsome Leslie! I'm going to read it as a reward for finishing my last day of school tonight....

Keep writing!!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2006, 09:51:05 am »

Revised:    Just read it Hun.   It is a sweet life indeed!      Loved every word of it.

Can we send all of the chapters to Heath and Jake with a petition that they make a film out of it for us?    ;D

I sooooo want to see that movie!

More to come, I promise. This ride ain't over yet....

L
xo