Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 298898 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: A Love Born From Steel: CHAPTER 16
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2006, 09:33:14 am »
Leslie,

Just read Chapter 16 this morning and I have to run out--I must reply later and tell you how wonderful it was--thanks!

xxxxx
John
 ;)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2006, 09:40:06 am »
Leslie..

I somehow managed to not get round to reading the chapters after chapter 2, but last week I saved the chapters to a word doc to read them all. Just finished a marathon reading session of all the other chapters...

Loving your work!  ;D

will post a comment on fanfic when I can access it while not at work!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2006, 09:41:11 am »
Why am I craving a toasted cheese sandwich (with tomato) and a bowl of alphabet soup?  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2006, 09:49:55 am »
Why am I craving a toasted cheese sandwich (with tomato) and a bowl of alphabet soup?  :)

John, Kelda and Jeff....

Thank you, thank you, thank you...all your support is appreciated.

Can't you picture Ennis, crying over his soup? Makes me want to cry...I am so in love with my Ennis, it hurts.

Leslie
MaineWriter, in pain
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2006, 11:54:01 am »
John, Kelda and Jeff....

Thank you, thank you, thank you...all your support is appreciated.

Can't you picture Ennis, crying over his soup? Makes me want to cry...I am so in love with my Ennis, it hurts.

Leslie
MaineWriter, in pain

I know, Honey, I know. Of course it makes one want to cry. I know what "your" Ennis is feeling. After all, I've lost my mother, too.

And it isn't any easier seeing oneself in Ennis, or Ennis in oneself, and being in love with one's own Jack.

We need to remember Cher's words to Nicholas Cage in Moonstruck: "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

With deepest sympathy,
Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2006, 12:05:36 pm »

We need to remember Cher's words to Nicholas Cage in Moonstruck: "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

With deepest sympathy,
Jeff

Dopeslap! Thanks! I needed that! LOL

L
xo
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2006, 01:34:25 pm »
Between running from several appointments (doctors, natch) I wanted to mention only one of many, many beautiful things in the latest chapter--

“My sis fixed us up. She knew Alma’s family through the Methodist church.” Ennis paused for a minute, thinking, then continued. “When my brother decided t’get married, I think my sis was worried ‘bout me, thought I needed t’hook up with someone so I wouldn’t be alone. So, she introduced us…” He gave Jack a funny smile. “I never really dated anyone before, was never really interested in girls.”

That's Ennis is a nutshell.

Got to run again, Leslie, but will say more--and Hi, Jeff!

xxxx
John
 ;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Brokies in Dallas -- need some info
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2006, 05:53:09 am »
Brokies in Dallas--

I need so info about when BBM was playing in the movie theater in Dallas. Is there any sort of a big theater downtown where it was playing? If yes, what is the name of this theater? Is it within walking distance of the Hyatt Regency?

Anyone remember the schedule of times it was showing at this theater?

If there is no such theater, can you tell me the names of the theaters where it was playing?

Also...a few years ago I ate a restaurant called Fish which was near the Hyatt (walking distance). Is it still there?

Thanks in advance,

Leslie

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Brokies in Dallas -- need some info
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2006, 08:56:19 am »
Brokies in Dallas--

I need so info about when BBM was playing in the movie theater in Dallas. Is there any sort of a big theater downtown where it was playing? If yes, what is the name of this theater? Is it within walking distance of the Hyatt Regency?

Anyone remember the schedule of times it was showing at this theater?

If there is no such theater, can you tell me the names of the theaters where it was playing?

Also...a few years ago I ate a restaurant called Fish which was near the Hyatt (walking distance). Is it still there?

Thanks in advance,

Leslie

Hmmmm    ???  I don't know of any 'downtown' theaters that were showing BBM.  The only theater I know that was actually downtown closed a few years back.  The Magnolia near downtown was the closest, but it isn't actually in downtown, but just outside it.  I haven't heard of 'Fish' restaurant, but there is a Big Fish Little Fish restaurant that is within walking distance of the Magnolia, but unless there was another Hyatt Regency Hotel somewhere, neither of these two places are close to it.

BBM also played at the Cinemark Legacy (Plano) and the Angelika Theater (Plano).  There were some others, after the wide-wide release but all I can remember is it also showing at the Loewes Keystone which is now the AMC Keystone.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 09:02:28 am by delalluvia »

Offline PatSinnott

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Tell you what.......the truth is........
Re: Brokies in Dallas -- need some info
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2006, 02:54:22 pm »
Fish closed a couple of years ago.   :-\

Like Delluvia said, the closest to downtown was the Magnolia Theater in the West Village.  They have a website http://www.landmarktheaters.com/market/Dallas/TheMagnolia.htm  You could email them for the showtimes.  I know it was playing all day at first, and towards the end of the run, just late afternoon and night.  I saw it both times at the Magnolia. 

I think it also played at the AMC Grand after wide release.  In December, there were only a handful of theaters showing it.

Hope this helps,
Pat Sinnott
..yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream.