Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 298834 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #280 on: June 12, 2006, 09:56:42 am »
Jane and Pent...

Thank you both so much for your wonderful supportive comments. I really appreciate it, it makes it easy for me to keep on this writing journey when I know that people are enjoying my story.

More to come...chapter 20 will post on Wednesday and the final ending will be Friday, if all goes as planned. Yes, the story will end, but you can always re-read it!

Hugs,
Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2006, 01:05:04 pm »
"Is everything sad going to come untrue?" We should have known, I guess. But somehiow I thought they wouold have found out by now...

Those fingers are really getting around, let me tell ya...I wasn't going to use it, asnd then all of a sudden, there it was! Well, limited space and all...what's everyone else's excuse?

Y'mean, there's actually more?
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2006, 06:42:07 am »
Leslie, know what I did today?  I went in the supermarket and saw a jar of peanut butter on the shelf and couldnt stop laughing ;) ;) . People must have thought I was crazy.  ;D ;D
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2006, 06:54:13 am »
Leslie, know what I did today?  I went in the supermarket and saw a jar of peanut butter on the shelf and couldnt stop laughing ;) ;) . People must have thought I was crazy.  ;D ;D

Creamy or crunchy?  :o
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2006, 06:58:32 am »
I had a request over on the davecullen board to post "A Love Born From Steel" on LiveJournal. Apparently. some people have problems with fanfiction.net (spyware). I am slowly moving all the chapters. If you want to read it on LJ, here is the link for the beginning of the story:

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/417.html

Use the arrow to page through. The chapters are broken up into smaller sections (1a, 1b, etc).

Leslie

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #285 on: June 13, 2006, 07:15:42 am »

and the final ending will be Friday, if all goes as planned. Yes, the story will end, but you can always re-read it!

Ending?    Noooooo!!!!     

Waaaaa!     :'(

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2006, 07:45:58 am »
Creamy or crunchy?  :o

Crunchy. ;) ;)  I tell ya, the thoughts that came into my head. :o  It,s all your fault too. Bad girl. ;) ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2006, 08:25:22 am »
Crunchy. ;) ;)  I tell ya, the thoughts that came into my head. :o  It,s all your fault too. Bad girl. ;) ;)

Ah, the celebrated life of a fanfic writer...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #288 on: June 13, 2006, 08:28:32 am »
Ending?    Noooooo!!!!     

Waaaaa!     :'(

Not to worry, new ideas are starting to percolate in my head. I had a very nice email from a reader, telling me how well I understand human nature and I realized that is what I like to write. Exploring relationships, seeing people change and grow. I am pondering something with Ennis and his brother and sister...the idea isn't fully formed but it is  incubating.

I am telling you, this fanfic writing is like heroin...totally addicting...

Leslie
xox

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2006, 10:48:43 am »
Leslie whilst I chew my nails to the quick waiting for tomorows chapter, can I ask you... IF you had written Brokeback Mountain, would you have changed anything about it or would you have written it exactly the same, including the ending?