Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 300546 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2006, 06:00:49 am »
Ladies and Gentlemen, the event you've been waiting for: our boys go mattress shopping.

Chapter 20 is up for your reading pleasure.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2853224/21/

As always, thanks. Consider posting a review, I appreciate the feedback. Enjoy!

Leslie
MaineWriter (lazylfarm on LJ)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2006, 06:55:29 am »
Wow Leslie. :o  Got me in a right state reading that! :o  Roll on tomorow when they christen the matress!!  I love this assertive Ennis too.  Phew, I need a cold shower now, I feel all overcome. ;) ;) ;) ;)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: A Love Born From Steel: CHAPTER 20
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2006, 08:21:47 am »
That was great Leslie!        Now I'm getting sad because I know there is only one more chapter left.  :P

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #303 on: June 14, 2006, 09:55:23 am »
what? you're stopping at ch. 21? when did that happen...  :'(

I'm excited to read this chapter, thanks Leslie!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #304 on: June 14, 2006, 10:00:43 am »
what? you're stopping at ch. 21? when did that happen...  :'(

I'm excited to read this chapter, thanks Leslie!

I think I have said this before...I learned it on Sesame Street: every story has a beginning, middle and an end. This is a story, not a soap opera, and it will end. I am planning to post the final chapter on Friday.

That said, I have left myself an avenue for a follow-up and I am already mulling some potential ideas. I just can't get enough of Ennis & Jack!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2006, 10:09:31 am »
completley understandable!

The last chapter, by the way, was particularly good, I LOVED Ennis's reaction to Tom's news  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2006, 10:18:00 am »
completley understandable!

The last chapter, by the way, was particularly good, I LOVED Ennis's reaction to Tom's news  ;D

Thanks! I loved writing it. "Now I'm crying! I'm a mess, Jack, I'm a fuckin' mess!"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2006, 10:50:37 am »
Okay, so there has been a slight change in plans.

So far I have have had five--count 'em, five--requests for a "christen the bed" scene. I hadn't planned to do this (and it is not how the final chapter starts) but if you guys want sex, I'll give ya sex.

It is going to be complete and total /slash and I will not be posting on fanfiction.net (their terms of service say no NC17 and there were times I felt like I was pushing the envelope with some of my other stuff). It will be on LiveJournal only. I'll post the link when it's written and up.

For those of you who don't like explicit sex (I know JennyC falls into this category), I promise, there won't be any plot. It's going to be one thing and one thing only.

Stay tuned.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2006, 10:52:37 am »
Okay, so there has been a slight change in plans.

So far I have have had five--count 'em, five--requests for a "christen the bed" scene. I hadn't planned to do this (and it is not how the final chapter starts) but if you guys want sex, I'll give ya sex.

It is going to be complete and total /slash and I will not be posting on fanfiction.net (their terms of service say no NC17 and there were times I felt like I was pushing the envelope with some of my other stuff). It will be on LiveJournal only. I'll post the link when it's written and up.

For those of you who don't like explicit sex (I know JennyC falls into this category), I promise, there won't be any plot. It's going to be one thing and one thing only.

Stay tuned.

L

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2006, 11:07:58 am »
HAHA  :laugh:  :laugh:

That's too funny.  Well, thanks for thinking of me ;D

I was actually expecting the scene in the chapter and was surprised you didn't put it there given all the anticipantion that leads up to it  :).  Yeah, I think some of the fan fictions are pushing the limit a little bit, but I guess I am starting to get use to it, and like the ones that are tastfully done.  ;)

So post away, who knows I might be checking it out on LJ  ::) ;D.