Author Topic: Most Annoying Travel Habits  (Read 49914 times)

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
Re: Most Annoying Travel Habits
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 04:29:08 am »
Travel tip: It's time to stop air travel when you can't hold your poop!

Ewwwwwwww.....poor you!!

I think what kept me from loosing it was the
woman sitting next to the old dude sat there
with the biggest smile on her face.
I am sure she had ta have severe nasal congestion to get through it.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 04:31:32 am »
Travel tip: It's time to stop air travel when you can't hold your poop!

Ewwwwwwww.....poor you!!

You just said a mouthful Shasta! I couldn't agree more.

This brings me back to the days when I was payroll manager at Montgomery Ward. Somebody blew loose inside one of the men's restroom stalls. It was BAD ya'll! All over the floor, walls.... the toilet stool...it was just EVERYWHERE. Somebody had a major bowel explosion in there. I decided to go ahead and offered to clean it up (mostly because nobody else wanted to) but I had a flight up to Grand Rapids Michigan later that day, and I didn't have time to return home between work and the time my flight departed. So.... I cleaned it up, then cleaned off my clothes the best I could, finished work and then headed to the airport. I have often times wondered what I smelled like during the flight. I don't remember anyone looking at me weird, but then again, that might just be my selective memory! :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 04:45:34 am »
Children. As soon as I see children in any form or shape when traveling, I turn and go the other way. They are evil.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 04:48:11 am »
On one end of the spectrum, the muffuletta.  On the other end of the spectrum, the, um, other posts.

I'm in a physical tizzy from going from delectation to revulsion.  And all I was going to do was apologize for my kid kicking the back of your seat.  Or leaning on her tray table so that she jostled your seat.

K, didn't you once tell me a very funny name you had for the rigors of traveling with children?

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 08:27:52 am »
ROTFLMAO!  :laugh: I have been literally screaming with laughter here. I'm positive I wouldn't be laughing if those things had happened to me. But as they didn't  happen to me . . . . .  :laugh:

Thanks for posting your funny (appalling?) travel stories, everyone. I'm heading off to bed with a big ole smile on my face tonight.  :laugh:

Still laughing . . . . .  :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 11:41:33 am »
K, didn't you once tell me a very funny name you had for the rigors of traveling with children?

Flightmare.

When my sons were 1 and 2 we went to the Virgin Islands. It required an all-day, several-legged flight. We made it, but I so dreaded the return trip that I was tempted to call home and have them sell all our stuff and we'd just settle there in idyllic St. John (I was tempted to do this for other reasons, as well).

Back to the other end of the spectrum. This actually happened not to me but to a friend of mine. Someone on her flight threw up all over the place. So the flight attendant went over, looked at the mess, flung up her hands, cried, "I can't handle this!" turned around and ran away!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 07:03:07 pm »
Flightmare.

Flightmare, that's it!  :)  Good one.

Mini-Meno has matured so much now, that I'm thinking of taking a 32 hour train trip with her. 

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 07:09:03 pm »
Flightmare.

When my sons were 1 and 2 we went to the Virgin Islands. It required an all-day, several-legged flight. We made it, but I so dreaded the return trip that I was tempted to call home and have them sell all our stuff and we'd just settle there in idyllic St. John (I was tempted to do this for other reasons, as well).

I have always wondered if people traveling with children notice that people try to not sit close to them etc?

I always try to be descrete with my childrenphobia ;D when traveling, but I somtimes wonder if they notice anyways :P

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 07:19:10 pm »
I have always wondered if people traveling with children notice that people try to not sit close to them etc?

I always try to be descrete with my childrenphobia ;D when traveling, but I somtimes wonder if they notice anyways :P

I try to notice the people who wish we weren't nearby, and try to accommodate them.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 08:09:49 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh:

Yup farting is not pretty but sometimes it can't be helped.... think of all the people (like me!!) who have IBS and while wildly embarassed by the their public farting, simly cannot do anything about it!!!  :P
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/