Author Topic: Most Annoying Travel Habits  (Read 49901 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Most Annoying Travel Habits
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2009, 09:05:19 pm »
Oh Kerry, that reminds me of a story of a woman I used to work with......

SHE fell asleep on a communter train one time, and woke up on someone's shoulder......

She woke up with a startle and apologised to the bloke, and then saw that she had dribbled on his suit....

She never travelled in that same train carriage again.

Ewww, thankfully I never attracted any dribblers.  :P
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2009, 09:00:31 pm »
Really!

I agree with Kelda. Border's is not a library. It's a bookstore! A book STORE! People talk in the bookstores around here all the time. But maybe that's because this is the Midwest, and Midwesterners love to talk a lot! ;)

My boyfriend and I were in a Borders cafe once, talking about anything/everything and we got shushed by some woman.  Apparently people are 'reading' and 'studying' in the cafe (the Borders was about a half-mile from a college) and we needed to be courteous.  ???

I thought it was just a store and a store cafe to boot.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:26 pm »
My boyfriend and I were in a Borders cafe once, talking about anything/everything and we got shushed by some woman.  Apparently people are 'reading' and 'studying' in the cafe (the Borders was about a half-mile from a college) and we needed to be courteous.  ???

I thought it was just a store and a store cafe to boot.

I would have given her an evil glare and then said something like "the library is down the street honey. This is a store. So shush yourself. "

What's wrong with some people? It's a store! Normal conversations shouldn't be annoying to others.... IN A STORE! :laugh:

Lordy lord lord lord. ::)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2009, 05:49:08 am »
Oh Kerry, that reminds me of a story of a woman I used to work with......

SHE fell asleep on a communter train one time, and woke up on someone's shoulder......

She woke up with a startle and apologised to the bloke, and then saw that she had dribbled on his suit....

She never travelled in that same train carriage again.
Oh thats sooo funny!!

If flying and the opportunity presents its self I'll try and grab 40 winks if I am seated away from co-workers in case my mouth is open wide enough to catch flies or snore or do anything else which would embarrass me.

With regard to breaking wind when in the air, well its all got to do with altitude and pressurisation all which affects the gut, that and the fact you are sitting in cramped up position for goodness knows how long. No easy solution, visit the restroom or try doing some stretching exercises can help and never ever under any circumstances eat beans.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2009, 09:00:29 pm »
With regard to breaking wind when in the air, well its all got to do with altitude and pressurisation all which affects the gut, that and the fact you are sitting in cramped up position for goodness knows how long. No easy solution, visit the restroom or try doing some stretching exercises can help and never ever under any circumstances eat beans.

Oh, and it helps if you can go to the bathroom before getting on the plane.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2009, 09:15:50 pm »
Oh thats sooo funny!!

If flying and the opportunity presents its self I'll try and grab 40 winks if I am seated away from co-workers in case my mouth is open wide enough to catch flies or snore or do anything else which would embarrass me.

That expression, breaking wind,  is hilarious. Kinda like falling pregnant!  Oops! I just fell pregnant,  but I'll be okay once I pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again!  ;)   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2009, 09:20:36 pm »
I have NEVER been to a toilet on a plane.......

Most of my air trips are only an hour and a half, the longest one was four or five hours.

I'm not getting my arse sucked out of no plane, thats for sure..... ::) ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2009, 09:29:22 pm »
I have NEVER been to a toilet on a plane.......

Most of my air trips are only an hour and a half, the longest one was four or five hours.

I haven't used one since getting locked in one several years ago. Somehow the locked jammed and the door wouldn't open back up. It was a real big to do, with lots of people standing on the other side trying to figure out how to take the lock off, or flip it back up, whatever. ::)

When they finally got me out, I sat embarrassed in my seat until we landed.

Never again! Never! >:(

I only went in there to PEE for god sakes!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 09:30:10 pm »

OMIGAWD, Sue, I almost just spewed red wine out of my nose!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2009, 09:36:44 pm »
Is that story still kicking around, about getting your butt sucked out of an airplane toilet?

I've never heard of that actually happening.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!