Author Topic: Did you wake up with a hangover on New Year's Day?  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Did you wake up with a hangover on New Year's Day?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 04:29:04 pm »
Hangover? I never had a hangover in my life.
I did get pretty drunk some times, but those were rare occasions. Alcohol just isn't my drug of choice. I don't like the taste of it most times.

But even when I was really, really drunk I never had a hangover the next day. I don't know how it feels like. Lucky me.

This New Years Eve, we drank half a bottle of white wine and less than half a bottle of sparkling wine altogether. Divided by three adults, none of us had a hangover the next morning.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 05:55:35 pm »
Hangover? I never had a hangover in my life.
I did get pretty drunk some times, but those were rare occasions. Alcohol just isn't my drug of choice. I don't like the taste of it most times.

But even when I was really, really drunk I never had a hangover the next day. I don't know how it feels like. Lucky me.

This New Years Eve, we drank half a bottle of white wine and less than half a bottle of sparkling wine altogether. Divided by three adults, none of us had a hangover the next morning.

You don't know what it feels like Chrissi? It feels like you swallowed several cups of wet cement and then got kicked upside the head by a mule. :P ;)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 06:08:20 pm »
You don't know what it feels like Chrissi? It feels like you swallowed several cups of wet cement and then got kicked upside the head by a mule. :P ;)

Perfect description, David!  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 06:36:49 pm »
I think the drunkest I've ever been on a New Year's Eve, and also the most fun I've ever had on a NYE, was way back in my late teenage years in company with a group of Italian priests of my acquaintance at that time.  ;D

Boy, could those guys drink! They explained to me that wine was part of their culture and that they grew up with it, taking a sip with meals now and then as children, from their parents. Alas, I had built up no such immunity at that tender age, so became quite merry with them. It probably didn't help that I had a MASSIVE crush on the ultra-gorgeous Father Bernardi!   ::)

I remember so well the wine they were drinking. I particularly asked Father John for the name. He told me it was called Lacryma Christi.

Remembering this previously long forgotten NYE prompted me to find this in Wikipedia:

Lacryma Christi, (also Lachryma Christi, literally "tear of Christ"), is the name of a celebrated Neapolitan type of wine produced on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius in Campania, Italy.

The name Lacryma Christi comes from an old legend that Christ, crying over Lucifer's fall from heaven, cried his tears on the land and gave divine inspiration to the vines that grew there. The sides of Vesuvius are deeply scarred by past lava flows, and its lower slopes are extremely fertile, dotted with villages and covered with vineyards.

The wine is entirely earthly, but quite enjoyable. The red is garnet in color with a pleasant scent of red fruit and white pepper and a juicy, tart flavor with apple-skin flavors and lemony acidity in balance. The white wine is crisp and dry.

My happy memories of that long ago night tell me that the wine was absolutely divine  (Groan!), but my euphoria may have had more to do with my close proximity to the (I'm saying it again! There's no other word for him!) divine  Father Bernardi.   ;)  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 01:35:48 am »
Drinking with and gazing at a handsome, swarthy Italian priest sounds like a perfect euphoria to me too Kerry! :D

And I'd gladly suffer the hangover for it the next day.

This makes me think of Father Pete. Did I ever tell you about Father Pete Kerry? No, I never went drinking with him, but he was totally beautiful.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 09:21:56 am »
Dooo tell, David. I'd looove to hear about Father Pete! Bet he wasn't as gorgeous as Father Bernardi!  ;)   ;)   ;)   ;D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν