Author Topic: In the New Yorker...  (Read 1925336 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: In the New Yorker...
« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:00 pm »
Pints Pub has reopened; yay! I was there yesterday and noticed that they have not one but four Bruichladdiches on the menu. I was attending a meeting that had a test as part of it, and was driving besides so I wasn't able to partake. Here's the website for the place: http://www.pintspub.com/

I must remember this place next time I get to Denver. I don't know when that might be.  :( After a visit there, you and OCD might have to carry me out.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #621 on: March 04, 2013, 11:49:31 pm »
It wouldn't be the first time we have done that! Looking forward to tipping a glass with you at Pints Pub some day. I was reading their web site and they make a tall claim: the most single malt Scotches this side of Edinburgh!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #622 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:35 am »
It wouldn't be the first time we have done that! Looking forward to tipping a glass with you at Pints Pub some day. I was reading their web site and they make a tall claim: the most single malt Scotches this side of Edinburgh!

As Jack Benny used to say, "Now, cut that out!"  :laugh:  You and OCD have never carried me out of anywhere!  :laugh:

(That I can remember. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #623 on: March 05, 2013, 11:25:32 am »
I remember him saying that! I knew I should have reworded that statement. It wouldn't be the first time OCD and I have carried someone out of a bar. And the last time, I believe it was the Mint Bar in Sheridan, Wyo!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #624 on: March 05, 2013, 01:04:43 pm »
I remember him saying that! I knew I should have reworded that statement. It wouldn't be the first time OCD and I have carried someone out of a bar. And the last time, I believe it was the Mint Bar in Sheridan, Wyo!

Well, that wasn't me. On Roundup I walked back to the motel under my own power.  ;D

Maybe it was that fella who downed all the liquid marijuanas.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #625 on: March 11, 2013, 10:31:43 am »
I keep thinking about this article from last October 22:

Michael Specter on the benefits of bacteria

and wondering, are we individuals who harbor colonies of bacteria, or are we bacteria universes, with human beings just the packaging or infrastructure?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #626 on: March 11, 2013, 02:07:46 pm »
Today I finished the March 4 article about Steven Zeitels, the phonosurgeon who has treated Julie Andrews, Adele, Steven Tyler, and Roger Daltry.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #627 on: March 13, 2013, 12:09:36 pm »
and wondering, are we individuals who harbor colonies of bacteria, or are we bacteria universes, with human beings just the packaging or infrastructure?

Depends on whom you ask: us or the bacteria.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2013, 09:37:00 am »
I just started the article on the horrible attack on the artistic director of the Bolshoi.  :(

I didn't know he was once a principal dancer there, but it makes sense.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #629 on: March 19, 2013, 10:40:20 am »
You're braver than me.