Author Topic: In the New Yorker...  (Read 862694 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: In the New Yorker...
« Reply #2510 on: August 27, 2020, 08:27:23 pm »
So, what's going on? In today's mail I received the issue cover dated for this coming Monday, Aug. 31. I have never received an issue dated Aug. 24, and the Aug. 17 issue was not a "double issue."   ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2511 on: August 28, 2020, 12:25:19 am »
Hmm, let me check. I got the Aug. 31 issue yesterday. I think I also got an issue the previous week, but in this case possibly a first! it looked so uninteresting I put it in recycling immediately. If I remember correctly.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2512 on: August 28, 2020, 09:01:04 am »
While I'm thankful it doesn't happen too often, from time to time I do get a piece of mail way late and so chewed up it's in a plastic bag. It won't surprise me if that happens with my missing issue.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2513 on: September 09, 2020, 09:29:12 pm »
Those poor pangolins.  :( (Aug. 31)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2514 on: September 10, 2020, 01:17:01 pm »
I was thinking about reaching out to Customer Service to see about getting the August 24 issue, but I guess I'll just let it go. It seems a little late to do it now.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2515 on: September 14, 2020, 11:57:29 am »
I checked my account book. Last year I paid my subscription renewal in August. This year I haven't even got the notification, and September is half over.