Author Topic: Katie77's idea for remembering Heath on Thursday, 22nd  (Read 29876 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Katie77's idea for remembering Heath on Thursday, 22nd
« on: January 19, 2009, 12:32:00 pm »
Katie77 (Sue from OZ) had a sweet idea for the 22nd:

From Sue:
"That maybe on 22nd January, we all put our favourite pic of Heath on our posts [into the signature line], and then the forum will have plenty of pics of him throughout all the threads as a memorial to him.

We all will have to deal with this sad anniversary; some will come here, some will watch Heath movies, some will stay deliberately away from everything - all ways are fine.
One way can be to follow Sue's idea. I like the thought of seeing Heath pics throughout all BM threads and all boards on Thursday.

If you also want to join, here's the technical stuff:

Size of pictures:

To avoid any inconveniences, please keep the size of your pictures reasonable. I would say don't go over 600 X 120 pixels, if you want a picture bar in your signature line; respectively approx 300 X 200 for a regular photo. The sizes are not set in stone though. If your picture is a few pixels over it won't be a problem.

How to put a photo in your signature line:

1. Go to your profile information page (by clicking your name next to one of your posts)

2. In the bar to the left, click "Forum Profile Information"

3. Then you get a form. Go to the fourth section. To the left you find "Signature". Directly right of this, there's a box where you fill in what you want displayed in your signature. Fill in the address of the Heath picture you want displayed between the image code. It should read like this: [img ]address of the picture[/img ]. Leave out the spaces in the square brackets.
The picture must be online somewhere, you can't upload a photo from your computer.

If the picture is too big, please reduce the size prior to adding it (how to resize, see next item).

If you want the picture to be in the middle of your sigline, put [center ] in front of the url and [/center ] behind it. Leave out the spaces in the square brackets.

How to resize pictures:

It's best to save your pic on a photo hosting site, like photobucket or  divshare. When uploading a picture to photobucket, you can determine the size of the pic before you start the upload. I assume it's the same with divshare.

Or you can resize the picture with a picture editing program (Irfan View, Paint, etc.) on your computer before you upload it.

If you have problems with resizing, you can post the photo on this thread and I or someone else will help you and resize it for you. Or PM me, or another moderator. We'll be happy to help you with this!

If you have any question, post them here (or PM me or any moderator). Someone will be able to help you.

Thank you Sue for this idea! :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 01:58:05 am by Penthesilea »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Katie77's idea for remembering Heath on Thursday, 22nd
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 01:34:16 pm »
From Sue:
"That maybe on 22nd January, we all put our favourite pic of Heath on our posts [into the signature line], and then the forum will have plenty of pics of him throughout all the threads as a memorial to him.

This is a lovely idea!  Thank you for thinking of it, Sue.  And thank you for bringing it to our attention, Chrissi.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:13 pm »
I can,t beleive it will be a year. It doesn,t seem possible.  :'(

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 05:20:23 pm »

I don't know if others are like me, but I will forever remember where I was and what I
was doing when I heard the news............................. :'(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 12:50:16 am »
Thanks for the great idea, Sue. And thanks to you too, Chrissi, for bringing it to our attention.

Count me in!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 01:10:34 am »
Thank you all, and thank you Chrissi for getting this out to everyone.

I have my favourite pic on my signature now too......Its not that it shows Heath's face clearly, but the pic just means something to me.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 03:06:59 am »
Hey Katie, great idea. I don't know if I'll be around much on Thursday but I wanted to follow your example and change my signature anyway.

and thanks for the instructions Chrissi.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 03:12:46 am »
I don't know if others are like me, but I will forever remember where I was and what I
was doing when I heard the news............................. :'(

Yeah...

In the recent Entertainment Weekly issue, James Shamus said:"It was one of those ''where were you on the day Kennedy was shot'' moments. I called Jake and remember wailing."

:'(  :'(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 05:31:07 am »
This is a wonderful idea for remembering Heath.  I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the terrible news.  I was just crying, sobbing and I called Ashley.  I could hardly get the words out of my mouth because I was crying.  It was my two year anniversary of seeing Brokeback Mountain for the first time on the big screen.

Offline blueremembered

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 05:48:19 am »
Great idea!