Author Topic: How do you consecrate a new home?  (Read 21821 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: How do you consecrate a new home?
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 09:10:53 pm »
So it was not only consecrated, but also consummated?  :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 12:14:16 am »
Okay Lynne. Now you have some good suggestions on how to consecrate your new house! :D

* Burn a sage smudge stick to bless your new home

* Place a statue of Ganesh facing the front door

* Keep a small jar near the entrance of your home for prosperity

* Hang a small broom on your front porch next to the door to ward off the haints

* Sit some acorns on the windowsills to protect your house from lightening

And if you are feeling up to it, have some sex on your living room carpeting for.....

....for........ I don't know what for! Maybe Chuck will tell us! :laugh:

Where are you moving Lynne? Will you be staying in Florida? Or are you moving to a different state?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 12:29:16 am »
And if you are feeling up to it, have some sex on your living room carpeting for.....

....for........ I don't know what for! Maybe Chuck will tell us! :laugh:

Just for fun.  >:D

It happened in my house once.......*shudders*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 03:11:14 am »

Place a horseshoe over the door with the ends pointing upwards.  It will hold all the good luck and
keep you in good fortune.  Brokeback Mountain and horseshoes seem to go together right?

Beautiful mind

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 11:21:59 pm »
Thanks, Friends!  I have some very good advice here..and then there's Chuck's not-so-practical-just-now, but I'll hold in reserve plan.

:laugh: :laugh:

I knew I could count on y'all!

I think I'll wait for the new moon to do it.  (Or should that be full moon?)

Anyhow...David - it's a new apartment in St. Augustine.  I am just out of my temporary apartment with housemate and into one of my own.  It'll be about a 30 minute drive to work.  I can walk to the old city and bike to the beach.  I could also bike to where my sailboat is moored, iffin I had a sailboat, that is!

8)  :D ;)

P.S.  The Jack and Ennis rubber duckies love their new bathroom!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 02:23:56 am »
Thanks, Friends!  I have some very good advice here..and then there's Chuck's not-so-practical-just-now, but I'll hold in reserve plan.

:laugh: :laugh:

I knew I could count on y'all!

I think I'll wait for the new moon to do it.  (Or should that be full moon?)

Anyhow...David - it's a new apartment in St. Augustine.  I am just out of my temporary apartment with housemate and into one of my own.  It'll be about a 30 minute drive to work.  I can walk to the old city and bike to the beach.  I could also bike to where my sailboat is moored, iffin I had a sailboat, that is!

8)  :D ;)

P.S.  The Jack and Ennis rubber duckies love their new bathroom!

I have a cousin in St. Augustine! I haven't seen her for years, but she's still there. I'm envious Lynne. I'd love to live near the beach. That reminds me of the days when I lived in South Florida. We didn't live near the beach, but it was only a 10 or 15 minute drive from our house. This was in Plantation (West Fort Lauderdale).

Good luck with your new apartment Sister Mod Lynne! I hope you get everything set up and organized soon. :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

retropian

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 04:34:50 am »
I think that's a very sweet idea of consecrating a home. I think you can decide on your own way of doing so. whatever means something to you. Chucks suggestion of sex on the carpet is one way. Having a new home is in a way, like a marriage. You are taking a new home to have and to hold. So, sex, is one way, solo I think would be best.

I've lived in my home 17 years, and it seems like a part of me. I don't think I've ever gone through some sort of commitment ceremony. Maybe I should. I love my house. You know what I mean, I love being here, it's my home, and that's something. I do have a couple of statues of Ganesha, He's my deity. He is the remover of obstacles, which are usually ones own fears and desires. something an "Ennis" like me should take to heart.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 04:46:31 am »
I'm for one or more Ganeshas.   And clean, clean, clean.  And sing, sing, sing.  And really what everyone has said so far.  We did most of those things when we moved into this house. 

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 11:14:26 am »
I think that's a very sweet idea of consecrating a home. I think you can decide on your own way of doing so. whatever means something to you. Chucks suggestion of sex on the carpet is one way. Having a new home is in a way, like a marriage. You are taking a new home to have and to hold. So, sex, is one way, solo I think would be best.

I've lived in my home 17 years, and it seems like a part of me. I don't think I've ever gone through some sort of commitment ceremony. Maybe I should. I love my house. You know what I mean, I love being here, it's my home, and that's something. I do have a couple of statues of Ganesha, He's my deity. He is the remover of obstacles, which are usually ones own fears and desires. something an "Ennis" like me should take to heart.

Thank you, retropian!  I don't know much about Ganesha, but I like the above - 'remover of obstacles' - sounds just right.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 11:16:43 am »
I'm for one or more Ganeshas.   And clean, clean, clean.  And sing, sing, sing.  And really what everyone has said so far.  We did most of those things when we moved into this house. 

Hey, Elle! There was definitely singing this weekend while cleaning  :D.

We were listening to live365 - mostly singing along with the classic country, then some Gaelic folk.  The house music was more dance-conducive than song, but that was OK too - kept me moving!  I love your home.

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."