Author Topic: What's Your Dream Job?  (Read 11297 times)

pnwDUDE

Re: What's Your Dream Job?
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 01:10:47 am »
My dream job is a retired police officer. That, I have fullfilled  ;D

Now, waiting to get hired by Amtrak. My second dream job might be just around the corner.

Brad

injest

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 01:12:09 am »

Now, waiting to get hired by Amtrak. My second dream job might be just around the corner.

Brad

:laugh: :laugh:

so you worked all those years to achieve that dream...retiring...

;)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 02:51:51 am »
Since we could only vote for one, I picked parent & homemaker.  If I could pick two, I would love to be a philanthropist on a bigger scale.

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2009, 04:53:51 pm »
I voted for tropical island resort caretaker.  Sounds nice to be able to be there and live there full time.  I love those tropical breezes, and I love tropical island resorts!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 05:56:34 pm »
I voted "celebrity chef." Hard work, but very satisfying!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Nevermore

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 06:02:27 am »

Brad

Learn to love Castle Rock, Brad ;)

injest

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 06:08:16 am »
Learn to love Castle Rock, Brad ;)

he's got itchy feet!

Offline Nevermore

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 06:21:14 am »
I chose "pilot," because it's the road not taken. As a little girl, I wanted to be an astronaut, not as farfetched as it sounds, as my father quite literally was a NASA rocket scientist. Like a lot of girls, I had trouble with math around the age of 13, more to do with a succession of bad teachers than lack of aptitude--but it was the first time that something didn't come easily to me, and I had not developed the coping skills to deal with it.
Even so, I made it through high school with decent enough grades that a lot of colleges were very keen, and I got an offer to go to UCLA on an NROTC scholarship. I brushed off the recruiter as soon as he told me there were no female fighter pilots, and never let him finish telling me that by the time I finished all my schooling, the policies would probably have changed, and with my engineering degree in hand, I would be in pole position to have a crack at one of the first slots to open to women.
Moron!
This is case scenario of course, but we're talking a dream job, right? Catapulting off the flight deck and into the wild blue yonder and all that. Who wouldn't?

Offline Nevermore

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 06:22:18 am »
he's got itchy feet!

Inside joke--and he knows exactly what I'm talking about!

injest

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 06:43:58 am »
I chose "pilot," because it's the road not taken. As a little girl, I wanted to be an astronaut, not as farfetched as it sounds, as my father quite literally was a NASA rocket scientist. Like a lot of girls, I had trouble with math around the age of 13, more to do with a succession of bad teachers than lack of aptitude--but it was the first time that something didn't come easily to me, and I had not developed the coping skills to deal with it.
Even so, I made it through high school with decent enough grades that a lot of colleges were very keen, and I got an offer to go to UCLA on an NROTC scholarship. I brushed off the recruiter as soon as he told me there were no female fighter pilots, and never let him finish telling me that by the time I finished all my schooling, the policies would probably have changed, and with my engineering degree in hand, I would be in pole position to have a crack at one of the first slots to open to women.
Moron!
This is case scenario of course, but we're talking a dream job, right? Catapulting off the flight deck and into the wild blue yonder and all that. Who wouldn't?

I always had a thing for astronomy...but I wanted to be on the ground working at the command center...none of that catapulting for me thanks...