Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!  (Read 106325 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 02:27:16 am »
Boy Meets World...I was 10....I loved that show...

I THINK I have heard of that show. But it does make me think of another classic I left out. "The Wonder Years". This is yet another show that aired long after my childhood was over, but I always did love watching it. Fred Savage was wonderful in it.  :)

Edit: Chris, it is so cute how you are listing all those movies you haven't seen. Be sure to let me/us know how you liked "As Good As It Gets"  ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:30:22 am by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 03:05:38 am »
There weren't none! P.L. Travers' Mary Poppins; Balzac's Droll Stories; Salinger's Catcher in ther Rye and Nine Short Stories; Felix Salten's Bambi; Barrie's Peter and Wendy (from which the plot of Peter Pan was taken for the movie), Tolkien's The Hobbit;  Milne's Winnie the Pooh; Kate Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn;  Lincoln: His Life in Pictuires; Seuss' "To Think that I saw it on Mulberry Street.

Movies: Early Disney , and I mean: Snow White, Bambi, Pinocchio; Fantasia, Dumbo (a rung below). The Song of Bernadette, So Proudly we Hail, Olivier's Henry V and Hamlet (saw these as much as BBM--there were no DVDs, etc.) the Danny Kaye comedies; Gate of Hell;

Radio: Inmner Sanctum; Lights Out; Grand central Station; the morning soaps;  .   

. Oh: Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, James Joyce...                -
                                        4-15...

"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 03:17:13 am »
There weren't none! P.L. Travers' Mary Poppins; Balzac's Droll Stories; Salinger's Catcher in ther Rye and Nine Short Stories; Felix Salten's Bambi; Barrie's Peter and Wendy (from which the plot of Peter Pan was taken for the movie), Tolkien's The Hobbit;  Milne's Winnie the Pooh; Kate Smith's A Tree Grows in Brooklyn;  Lincoln: His Life in Pictuires; Seuss' "To Think that I saw it on Mulberry Street.

Movies: Early Disney , and I mean: Snow White, Bambi, Pinocchio; Fantasia, Dumbo (a rung below). The Song of Bernadette, So Proudly we Hail, Olivier's Henry V and Hamlet (saw these as much as BBM--there were no DVDs, etc.) the Danny Kaye comedies; Gate of Hell;

Radio: Inmner Sanctum; Lights Out; Grand central Station; the morning soaps;  .  

. Oh: Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, James Joyce...                -
                                        4-15...

I'm sorry I didn't list those! I was running out of options though. Thanks for listing and telling us about all these shows you love so much!  :)

I am sure many others love them too!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 03:20:31 am »
I just thought of another one I loved as a child! The Brady Bunch!

Not only did I have a huge crush on Tony Dow (who played Wally in Leave It To Beaver), I also had a big crush on Greg (Barry Williams) and Peter (Christopher Knight) when I was growing up. :D

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 07:35:39 am »
Heres one I dont think has been mentioned and I bet was a favourite....

"Happy Days".......who didnt love the Fonz, and Ritchie....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 06:02:08 pm »
Boy Meets World...I was 10....I loved that show...

Haha - I STILL love that show ... ABC Family runs reruns of it all the time : )

I feel young.  My other favorites growing up were "The Wonder Year's", "Punky Brewster", "Silver Spoons" and most definitely "Growing Pains"

From the polling list I picked:  "Little House on the Prarie (STILL love that - FOX plays it every day), "Flipper" (saw reruns only) and "Lassie" (also reruns).
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 06:12:17 pm »
Wow, look at all the ones I forgot. I loved Boy Meets World too, and still watch it sometimes. (Yay for ABC Family!) Amber, I also watched Growing Pains, and Punky Brewster when I was REALLY little.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 06:53:32 pm »
Heres one I dont think has been mentioned and I bet was a favourite....

"Happy Days".......who didnt love the Fonz, and Ritchie....

Katie -

You're right! Another one I forgot!

It was a really good show. :)

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 06:06:47 am »
De Zevensprong!!!

De Ome Willem Show!!!

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 01:36:59 pm »
i used to watch  the munsters  the adams family   i love lucy all the time when i was younger all in reruns though

i  always loved to watch shows like the golden girls also cause i was more   comfortable around older  people than my   age group
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"