Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!  (Read 106320 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2006, 10:01:14 pm »
I remember Daniel Boone too.

I also remember Gunsmoke and Bonanza. I never really cared for those shows but my Dad watched them faithfully every week.

I also remember a big debate back in the 1960's.. at least at my school. "Are you a "Munsters" person or are you an "Addams Family" person"? Does anyone else remember this?

BTW, I was an "Addams Family" person!   :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 10:04:11 pm by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2006, 11:06:42 pm »
I also remember a big debate back in the 1960's.. at least at my school. "Are you a "Munsters" person or are you an "Addams Family" person"? Does anyone else remember this?

BTW, I was an "Addams Family" person!   :)

Absolutely! Let's face it--the smart people (like us) were the Addams Family people . . . :)

It reminds me of another personality categorization theory: all people are either horses, birds, or muffins, or combinations thereof. Try it with a friend; assign a category to a mutual friend. . . you'll be amazed how you agree . . . it's pretty funny  . . . 
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2006, 03:56:34 pm »
I was just crossing into the teenage years when my parents got a TV, so most of these shows I never watched until they came out in sindication.  But LUCY is by far the greatest of them all, IMO.  Some that were not on the list, and I still watch today, are Bugs Bunny, Tweety & Sylvester.  Then there are the more sophisticated ones:  Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, anything having to do with supernatural events.  I remember on Sat afternoons watching these two, and several others whose names sliped passed me, one after the other, for about 5 hours.  No wonder I'm such a mess today...Doug

iluvchocolate

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2006, 09:53:01 pm »
I picked little house.  I think although he was allite weird for me  almanozo is really cute

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2006, 11:05:26 pm »
I picked little house.  I think although he was allite weird for me  almanozo is really cute

Yeah. Almanzo was hot.

I always thought Adam (Mary's husband) was very cute too. And of course I had a huge crush on Michael Landon.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2007, 10:22:02 pm »
The SuperFriends!

"WonderTwin powers........activate!"

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2007, 10:21:03 am »
I think my favorite though was Leave It To Beaver. I had the biggest crush on Wally when I was growing up.  I thought he was cute even before I knew I was gay ! :)

Crikey, David, this is almost verbatim exactly what I was going to write. I had a massive crush on Wally when I was probably only about the age of the Beaver. It was before I hit puberty. I don't remember lusting after him as such. I think I just had a kid's platonic crush on him. I had a similar crush on a female school teacher at the time, because she smelt nice!!!

I also used to like Welcome Back Kotter, Taxi, The Monkeys, The Wild Wild West, Davey Crockett, Sugar Foot, Cheyenne, Bronco, Jet Jackson, The Rifleman, The Outer Limits, The Red Skelton Show, et al.

I especially loved The Littlest Hobo, about a beautiful German Shepherd dog in the title role. We had a German Shepherd at the time and we'd never miss an episode.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2007, 01:27:33 pm »
Gosh, there were so many!
Gilligans Island, Spiderman, Speed Racer,The Bananna Splitz,Lidville,HR Puffinstuff,Ultra Man,
Family Affair, I dream of Jeanie, Gomer Pyle,The Waltons,MASH,Land Of the Giants, Land of the Lost,Bewitched,Andy Griffith, Miami Vice, The A-Team,Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, The Munsters, The Addams Family,
Thats just a few of my fav's  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2007, 05:55:17 pm »
Gosh, there were so many!
Gilligans Island, Spiderman, Speed Racer,The Bananna Splitz,Lidville,HR Puffinstuff,Ultra Man,
Family Affair, I dream of Jeanie, Gomer Pyle,The Waltons,MASH,Land Of the Giants, Land of the Lost,Bewitched,Andy Griffith, Miami Vice, The A-Team,Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, The Munsters, The Addams Family,
Thats just a few of my fav's  ;D

That's just a few of them Lee?

Gosh, I'd hate to see the entire list!!  ;)

:D  :D

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2007, 11:27:03 am »
That's just a few of them Lee?

Gosh, I'd hate to see the entire list!!  ;)

:D  :D

LOL, It could get rather long!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"