Author Topic: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!  (Read 106335 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Favorite Childhood Television Shows!
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »
Have you ever seen the movie Nomads?
It has a great nude scene of pierce brosnan in it! ;D

I don't think I've seen that movie Lee. I'll check it out though; especially if Pierce Brosnan appears naked in it!  8)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2007, 08:18:17 pm »
For "Other" I loved:

"Gunsmoke"
"Bonanza"
Tarzan movies on Saturday afternoon
Shirley Temple movies on Saturday afternoon

Hey Shasta,

How are you doin'?  Glad your here.

I used to watch Shirley Temple movies on Saturday afternoons too!! :D  Also Bonanza, we loved little Joe.

Cameron (marlb)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:20 pm »
Hey Cameron and Susiebell!

Cameron--I really thought that Little Joe was so cute, but I tried to divide my attentions--especially for Hoss because not too many girls liked him "that way". I was for the underdog, I guess. LOL And not too long ago there was a Shirley Temple marathon on TV. I loved watching! Most of hers were tearjerkers, huh?

SusieBell---We are about a decade apart so---different cowboys. LOL. I do remember that show--at least the name. Who else was on it?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:51 pm »
Hi Shasta,

Yeah, I can understand liking Hoss, we did like him a lot, but I was too young to think of him that way, but I can see that. :) But we just loved little Joe.  It's on here on a local station, now I have to watch and see how much I remember.

Yes, those Shirley Temple movies sure were tearjerkers, probably all of them.  My favorite of those has to be 'the Little Princess'.  I must have seen it about fifty times when I was a kid, and it always made me cry.

My all time favorite Shirley Temple movie was when she was a teenager, it was called "Since You've Been Gone" and it was about her, her mother and her sister trying to deal while life when her father was off fighting in WWII.  Did you or anyone else see it see it?  Her sister was played by Jennifer Jones, she was amazingly beautiful.  It really is a wonderful movie, really sweet and lovely but very, very sad too.

Gosh, now I have to start watching Bonanza and Shirley Temple movies again. ::)

Marl

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2007, 11:34:27 pm »
I have never seen a teen-aged Shirley movie. Now that makes me want to see it---it sounds good.

Is "The Little Princess" the one  -- her dad leaves her at a boarding school and goes to war and then he's assumed dead, so she has to be a maid? I loved the ending. But yeah, that one---omg---I always cry. It was on the marathon.

I like the one that has her grandfather who has disowned the mom for marrying a Yankee! Bill Robinson is in that one too. He's great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2007, 12:22:50 am »
Yep, that's the one, when she become a maid in the boarding school and then she goes around to all the hospitals to look for her father.  It's based on the book only they changed the real ending to make it more sentimental for Shirley Temple.  But it does make me cry.  There have been a couple of more recent ones too.

I think I know which one your talking about, but I think there are a few in which she ends up dancing with Bill Robinson.  But I think in all of the early ones she is an orphan, or becomes one, and she always ends up with a wonderful new family.

I don't think she was in too many movies once she became a teen ager.  There is one comedy with I believe Myrna Loy and Cary Grant, that I know of, called The Bobby Soxer.  Its a very weird movie by today's standards.  The one I am talking about, the title is actually 'Since You Went Away', is really a wonderful movie.  She is not even the real star of it. Actually Claudette Colbert, who plays her mother is.  I really do recommend it a lot.  There are actually a lot of real interesting things in it for a forties movie.

I love old movies, and this one is definitely on of my favorites.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2007, 10:53:14 pm »
Hi Cameron!

I think the one I like is called "The Little Colonel". She has both her parents in this one and Lionel Barrymore is her Southern grandfather. It's really good.

Anyway!! Today I went to my favorite store--Barnes and  Noble--which had a special on DVD's--buy 2 get 1 free. So, because of your recommendation, I asked the guy if he could look up a movie that started with the word "since". I couldn't remember the rest of the title. LOL

He was laughing---kinda like, uh--no. But he asked who was in it and when he looked them up, he found "Since You Went Away". And they had it, so I got it. It really has wonderful reviews. Thank you so much for telling me about it.

I haven't watched it yet, but I am excited to get to see it. I will let ya know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2007, 10:17:40 am »
Hey Shasta,

That is great!!!! I can't wait till you watch it.  I hope you like it, but I think that you probably will, it really is a wonderful movie.  I have seen many times, but not very  recently, now I definitly have to see it again real soon.  They just fixed up a Barnes and Nobles here and it is huge, maybe they will have it here too. :D

Enjoy the movie!!,

Cameron (Marl)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2007, 12:30:08 pm »
You forgot to mention 'Gilligan's Island' and 'H.R. Pufnstuf'. Two surreal masterpieces!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2007, 07:28:38 pm »
Oy Missus!  I'm not that old!  I used to want to marry Blue Boy too.  I can't remember who else was in it, I get the two programs mixed up ... was Uncle Buck in Bonanza or High Chaparel?  ... can't remember ..... OK perhaps I am getting old!

I meant that I'm a decade older than you, dingy. Maybe more, but are you early 40's or early 30's??

Please don't judge me for this ... I was very young .... but I just loved HR Puff'n'stuff. 
I used to play it with my best friend in the school playground .... I was Jimmy and she was my magic flute!!

Uhhhh....you and your friend were very strange. I can just see you forcing her to be the flute when she really truly wanted to be Jimmy. You were surely the boss of the playground, weren't you??  ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~