Author Topic: The BetterMost Can Club  (Read 57551 times)

injest

Re: The BetterMost Can Club
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2009, 12:54:44 am »
:laugh:

Check this out, yall.  A Denver advertising/design blog was having a 'hire these people' kind of thing and was posting different a person's work up each day.  Yesterday was my turn.  This morning got an email... from a Wall St Journal reporter asking if he could talk with me on the phone about "creative people affected by the recession".  I spoke with him later, but whatta thing to have to be interviewed about...  
 ::)   :(

:laugh: :laugh:

what DID you put up?

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2009, 01:55:15 am »
It was just samples of each person's design work.  The whole reason the blog was doing this is that designers have been hurting lately, along with everyone else.  I guess the reporter guy happened to spot it on the day my work was featured.

(And some anonymous commenters [probably other designers, or maybe just one guy pretending to be different people] trashed my work.  Assholes!  >:( )

injest

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2009, 02:06:07 am »
It was just samples of each person's design work.  The whole reason the blog was doing this is that designers have been hurting lately, along with everyone else.  I guess the reporter guy happened to spot it on the day my work was featured.

(And some anonymous commenters [probably other designers, or maybe just one guy pretending to be different people] trashed my work.  Assholes!  >:( )

>:( >:( >:(

those who can't, trash those that can; don't let it get to you. They aren't worth the time!

can we see?  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2009, 02:12:54 am »

{{{LAURA}}} :-*

I'm so sorry that happened to you honey! :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2009, 02:26:19 am »
How did you get on Roux?

I think the interview went really well. This is my eleventyeth interview with this bank and they seem to want to hire me but...
The job is a good fit for me though I will need to brush up on my financial analysis skills. I should know by the end of the month. Hopefully they will be ready to just get on with it and make an offer Monday.

If nothing else I looked damn good 8)

Heathen

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2009, 02:28:34 am »
I think the interview went really well. This is my eleventyeth interview with this bank and they seem to want to hire me but...
The job is a good fit for me though I will need to brush up on my financial analysis skills. I should know by the end of the month. Hopefully they will be ready to just get on with it and make an offer Monday.

We will keep our fingers crossed for you Roux!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2009, 07:47:31 am »

8) ;D 8) :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2009, 11:06:03 am »

"It is better to look good than to feel good."

--Fernando

g'luck, Roux!

injest

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2009, 01:30:25 pm »
maybe ya'll should try one of them job search sites...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2009, 02:58:23 pm »
Still-not-quite-belated good wishes to all!  Roux, I can't even imagine how damn good you looked, since you always look damn good.