Author Topic: The BetterMost Can Club  (Read 57506 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The BetterMost Can Club
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2009, 01:07:15 am »
I'm enjoying catching up on life. There is a whole world out there that I've been missing while I've been so busy working. Life and death things happening, and I was wasting my time thinlking constantly about how to enrich my employer! I was so misled!!

Today, I was shopping at Goodwill and as I finished suddenly realised that a freak storm had happened. Snow was flying horizontally thru the parking lot. I ran to my car, cursing that I had put off getting gas and would have to do it in the storm. As I went to the gas station, I passed a bus stop and saw a young person standing waiting for the bus, turning his or her back against the wind, as I had seen horses do in Wyoming. It was just miserable looking. As I gassed up my car, I decided to go back and offer the person a ride. But, as I drove up, I saw a bus there and I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to play Good Samaritan. But when the bus left, the miserable figure was still there. I stopped and called out, "Can I give you a ride?" and the young man ran toward my car, crying out, "YYYYEEEESSSS!!" He jumped in my car and gave directions to the county courthouse where he said he was due in 5 minutes in order to get some work. The boy could not have been over 20 and may have been as young as 16. As I dropped him off, he said triumphantly, "I'm right on time!" and then told me "God Bless You." I have felt great all evening with that "YYYYEEEESSSS!!" echoing in my ears!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2009, 01:47:51 am »
I'm enjoying catching up on life. There is a whole world out there that I've been missing while I've been so busy working. Life and death things happening, and I was wasting my time thinlking constantly about how to enrich my employer! I was so misled!!

Today, I was shopping at Goodwill and as I finished suddenly realised that a freak storm had happened. Snow was flying horizontally thru the parking lot. I ran to my car, cursing that I had put off getting gas and would have to do it in the storm. As I went to the gas station, I passed a bus stop and saw a young person standing waiting for the bus, turning his or her back against the wind, as I had seen horses do in Wyoming. It was just miserable looking. As I gassed up my car, I decided to go back and offer the person a ride. But, as I drove up, I saw a bus there and I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to play Good Samaritan. But when the bus left, the miserable figure was still there. I stopped and called out, "Can I give you a ride?" and the young man ran toward my car, crying out, "YYYYEEEESSSS!!" He jumped in my car and gave directions to the county courthouse where he said he was due in 5 minutes in order to get some work. The boy could not have been over 20 and may have been as young as 16. As I dropped him off, he said triumphantly, "I'm right on time!" and then told me "God Bless You." I have felt great all evening with that "YYYYEEEESSSS!!" echoing in my ears!

Lovely story. Brought a lump to my throat. Thank you for sharing, Mrs Robinson.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2009, 07:23:58 am »
i like your attitude to life Lee!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2009, 08:56:42 am »

What a lovely thought!  :D

And what a beautiful story! I'm smiling right now! Made my day!

(And isn't it fun to shop at thrift stores, like Goodwill or the Salvation Army?  ;D )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2009, 12:32:07 am »
I will be resigning from the can club effective April 25th!

yippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heathen

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2009, 12:35:53 am »

yippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This calls for a Happy Dance!!!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2009, 12:42:27 am »

This calls for a Happy Dance!!!
Now I can buy those boots I coveted last time I was in NYC! And I already told them I have Brokie engagements that I will need to take off for in the next few months. And they will be paying me considerably more than I was making at my old job. And I still get 4 weeks vacation. And my 401K eligibility kicks in immediately. And I can walk to work. And I am waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy happy!

Heathen

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2009, 01:13:36 am »
Jeez, that's even better than I hoped!  Wow, Roux, the universe is paying you back in gold for all the angst you've been through lately!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2009, 06:22:46 am »
Congrats Roux! Here's hoping the can club luck continues!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2009, 08:13:25 am »

To Rich and Lynne, too! :) Good luck and good thoughts to everyone!!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~