Author Topic: Welcome to "Anything Goes"  (Read 52173 times)

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Happy Ninth Brokeback
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 03:51:24 pm »
The New Yorker Magazine

Just a note to remind everyone that it was on October 13, 1997
NINE YEARS AGO
that Annie Proulx saw the publication of
Brokeback Mountain
in this edition of The New Yorker Magazine.

since then it has appeared in their magazine as
a movie review,
a spoken word recording by Suzy Amis
and grist for their cartoons

What if I dont want to be Jack or Ennis.

Thank You Annie and The  New Yorker
for getting Brokeback off to a start.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Welcome to "Anything Goes"
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 05:40:14 am »
Well that was a short lived thrill  :o recork the booze, return the presents ...

As of this morning, we're back in 5th place (fully 150!!! posts behind the "Open Forum")

But on the bright side, we're a mere 2 170 (somethin') posts behind the ABC forum - maby by this time next year .......
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 09:43:58 am »
 8) 8) 8)

;D

injest

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2006, 10:07:09 am »
Ro ... this is awful short notice ..

[snip]

Well, get the party going! 

>:( >:(
How come SHE gets to call you Ro??

How come I don't get to??

YOU LIKE HER BETTER DON'T YOU!!

JUST ADMIT IT!!

*Jess BURSTS into tears and flees back to the Feed Store where people like HER!!*

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 10:07:47 pm »
I think I got your number now Sheriff  ;)

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•

Zing!
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 05:14:29 pm »
And It's official now - got me ma official piece a metal ta show off

Thanks Clarissa

Edit, cause I lost the link to the image - good thing I saved it elsewhere (where it won't get lost, or robbed!)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:22:47 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 10:23:05 am »
Anybody notice that the beefcake starts at the EIGHTH position this a.m.? Beefcake and books, what a great combination. I love BetterMost!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 07:29:33 pm »
OK - It's about ta happen again. Some months ago "Anything Goes" moved up ta 4th place as the (4th) busiest forum in all a BetterMost (when it surpassed the "Open Forum"). This was shortlived, as the even more busy "Fanfiction" forum leapfrogged ahead a both, ta push "Anything Goes" back in 5th.

Well, a couple a 3 months later & here we are again - on the cusp a passin yet another forum (the "ABC/123 game" forum) ta return ta 4th place -----> just a few moments ago, we were just a mere 10 posts behind 'em. Anke, Milli, Dottie & Kerry - let's get the champagne, German bear, sausages, cherry cake and fireworks ready fer another celebration - should be happ'nin sometime this evenin, I should think!

injest

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 07:44:26 pm »
OK - It's about ta happen again. Some months ago "Anything Goes" moved up ta 4th place as the (4th) busiest forum in all a BetterMost (when it surpassed the "Open Forum"). This was shortlived, as the even more busy "Fanfiction" forum leapfrogged ahead a both, ta push "Anything Goes" back in 5th.

Well, a couple a 3 months later & here we are again - on the cusp a passin yet another forum (the "ABC/123 game" forum) ta return ta 4th place -----> just a few moments ago, we were just a mere 10 posts behind 'em. Anke, Milli, Dottie & Kerry - let's get the champagne, German bear, sausages, cherry cake and fireworks ready fer another celebration - should be happ'nin sometime this evenin, I should think!

as Moderator of the "Our Thoughts" forum (# 2 over all; # 1 Topic by Replies; #3 Topic by Views) I want to congratulate you ahead of time....why I remember the old days when we were just a struggling young board longing to reach the top....

*Jess ducks and runs for the door; in a zig zag pattern soas not to get hit by stuff Roland throws at her*

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 05:53:31 am »
Wow, with a little help from ma friends, we've zoomed inta 4th overall fer number a posts

But did you know that in actual fact, we're in 3rd place when it comes ta the number a thread subjects started? (and I did do some prunin a while back)

There's even some talk 'bout the possibility a changin the format of "Anything Goes"

Got any Ideas?

Go ta the followin thread in the child board "Great Finds" and read up, post yer thoughts

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=5092.0