Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196368 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #240 on: September 24, 2006, 01:27:26 am »
Dear Daniel

"OBJECT RAPE"?!  C'mon Sage, I really think you need a day's excursion away from the computer and into the real world.  GET A GRIP 101!  In all honesty, please stop taking yourself so seriously.  You really are getting a little scary with all this.  I don't understand why you are so adverse to people playing with your character. Guy is not a real person and is subject, as is every other character, to the teasings of all players.  We already have one of the most romantic love scenes ever to be imbedded in celuloid with BrokeBack Mountain.  The PT is simply for laughs.  Please don't confuse the two.  Now I am going back to torment Guy a little more.   :P ::) :-X :-*

Ray, this is the first time I have ever seen you post something insensitive.   Daniel is a huge asset to the PT and is always proving that he can improvise with anything that is thrown at him and still keep a sense of humor.  I think he deserves more from you than a sarcastic put-down, especially after he made a valid objection.  The PT isn't completely for laughs.  We love our characters, and it's not fun when someone's "teasing" steps over the line.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #241 on: September 24, 2006, 06:48:45 am »
I know I'm not a PT regular but since I have been in it, I wanted to add my two cents to this whole controversy or whatever you want to call it. Why don't we all just relax and try to have some fun? Something I have learned in this very forum is that life's too short to waste your time fighting over non serious issues. No offense intended but this is just the performance, the less serious thread in the whole forum. Come on, let's all be friends and have some fun. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 06:51:00 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #242 on: September 24, 2006, 07:02:28 am »
Thankyou all for your opinions and I will reply in private message to those concerned.  Please continue to enjoy the PT the way you see fit.  Remember the purpose was for fun.  Hopefully the fun can continue despite these repeated hiccups.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2006, 05:10:21 pm »
My 2 cents, for what it's worth...

I always thought that opening a thread for open criticism was a potential minefield. A large part of the pleasure of partaking in the PT is, for me, the fact that it is not a preordained narrative and is for the most part reactive. This keeps it fresh and creative - having to react to posts which are unexpected, and possibly disruptive to your own narrative, makes us all more creative participants in this fantastic fun.

This thread used to be a place where we expressed our admiration for our fellow posters and to say thanks for posts which made us laugh our asses off, and I see nothing wrong with that. It makes everyone's day a little more pleasurable to give and receive praise. When criticism is brought into the public arena, as it has been here, no matter how well intentioned and 'constructive' this criticism is, it is gonna ruffle feathers, hurt feelings and make people feel exposed and defensive. Criticism should be the preserve of the PM, and likewise when posters are offended or concerned by another's post then those issues, too, should be discussed in private.

On a final note, I personally would like to see an end to the practice of taking cheap shots at other posters on the critics gallery. It's childish, it serves no-one, and it resolves nothing.

Thanks,
Nicky x
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2006, 05:33:03 pm »
Well said JBB!! - the wisest, most bestest Butt Lotion out there!  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2006, 07:17:40 pm »
Hey, if you haven't listened to it already, here is Anke's report from the EuroBrokie gathering.  One can hear the voices of our beloved Mika, JBB, Olivia Owl, and the PT idea originator, Becky.

http://www.phillipdampier.net/downloads/EuroBrokie.mp3

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2006, 07:30:45 pm »
I loved OWLMA's Audio report!    :D

Excellent as always Ms Spanky!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2006, 07:34:50 pm »
It was wonderful... I loved hearing everyone.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2006, 11:05:22 pm »

** Well, thank you! **    8)

%% Jesus, what did they expect? %%  ;)

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2006, 01:42:51 pm »
Okay, one more thing and then I'll shut the hell up  ::).

An excellent point was raised by a fellow Bettermostian in response to my original post, and that was... what to do if your PMs with regard to BAM go unanswered or are dealt with in a dismissive way? If someone did not reply to my PMs or address the issues I asked to discuss then I'd be tempted to say 'all bets are off' and bring it into the public arena on this thread. If you've given someone a reasonable chance to enter into a dialogue with you in private and they refuse to extend you the courtesy of attempting to resolve the issues, then they've really left you with no option, have they? It's easy to say 'let's just all move on', but when feelings have been hurt then it's easier said than done.

The only reason I bring this up again is because it seems BAM is still operating under something of a cloud, and I'm sure we'd all like to work towards the co-operative and supportive atmosphere we had here until recently.

Nicky x
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!