Author Topic: Just Got Back From The Movie With Ray!!!  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Just Got Back From The Movie With Ray!!!
« on: April 01, 2006, 08:19:29 am »
And Ray bought me a fish!!!!  How cool is that?!?!

I had to send Ray a specific message so he'd know how to find me and this strapping guy strides across the lobby straight to me and holds out this bag - I have attached a photo of the bag cause it cracked me right up.

The goldfish, promptly christened Hippo, is sitting in his bag in the tank, aclimatising to his new environment. Photo to come later.  ;D

The movie was FANTASTIC... again. Ray and I agreed that watching it with a fellow Brokie is an experience that cannot be matched.  We cried, we held each other and couldn't shut each other up with a few beers afterwards.  Ray, I know you'll read this - I had a fantastic time, can't wait till we get together again for Jarhead.  And if its not on anymore, we'll wait for the DVD.

Ray got some photos of us at the movie, so they hopefully will be posted too, but - to paraphrase another of my all time favourite movies - I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... :) :) :)

....and Sheyne, driving against the traffic back home to her son in the treacherous (but not quite drunken) light, thought she'd never had such a good time, felt she could paw the white out of the moon....
Chut up!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: Just Got Back From The Movie With Ray!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:07:37 am »
-I posted this on another thread, but I love to post it again.  I am feeling pretty faaaaabulous right now.  Thank you Sheyne, for a brilliant evening!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is she SWEET!!!  Let me tell you, after tonight I'm turning gay challenged.  I had the most wonderful time!  Sheyne is brilliant company.  It was so nice seeing Brokeback with her.  We laughed together, moaned in unison, squirmed in our seats  like a choreographed dance, and wiped our eyes on each others sleeve.  We both love chocolate rather than popcorn, and we sat and chatted for ages over a beer or three after. 

Sheyne showed me some of her art work and totally put me to shame.  The girl is very talented.  I actually got to touch the originals of the pics she posted on the PT board before they were trollenated.  All night she was the epitome of calm, until she showed me her work.  Then she fidgeted like mad.., thus the jumping bean!

The screening was great, with the audience being large and appreciative.  Sniffles and chuckles abound in exactly the right places.  Only one phone went off.....I'm totally embarrassed to admit it was mine, and no one left the theatre before it ended.

I made a new friend tonight. What a great gal!

Here's a pic.  Are we a family or what?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 09:12:11 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:15:02 am »

Family indeed!!  ;D

Photo turned out great!! Hippo loves his new home, so far.  Will have to post a pic when he's out of the bag.

I'm off to bed..  I'm going to post the links to those drawings for those who didn't see them at the PT board tomorrow when I wake up..

*yawns* *still can't stop smiling either*

Still chuckling about "gay challenged" too..  :D :D
Chut up!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 11:54:59 am »
I'm grinning like Ennis after the Reunion.  You guys are too cute!  Hugs to you, and Hippo, too.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 11:56:46 am »
 :D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 12:46:40 pm »
That is a beautiful picture.  Now I want to come to Brisbane...right after Chicago and New York.

Sheyne, how old is your son?  My daughter just turned three.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 12:59:43 pm »
You guys are SOOOOOOOOO sweet.  And it sounds like you had such a fun time, goldfish and all.

Wish I was there with you!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 01:58:58 pm »
What a wonderful story!!! Thanks for the details--can't wait to see your pictures Sheyne, I missed them before. Well we brokies are really outdoing ourselves this week and last with our movie-goin, drinkin', an talkin' !!  Makes me doubly glad to be a Tremblayan.

My heart smiles today with the love we are sharing around the globe. You guys are the best!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 02:15:53 pm »
I'm so glad you guys had a good time! I think I'll join Elle on her NY-Chicago-Brisbane trip!

vkm91941

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 04:32:33 pm »
What a great time your guys had......I wanna go with Courtney on that whirlwind Tremblian Tour.  You all would be great to have a party with.  The place would hop!!!! :D