Author Topic: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)  (Read 54634 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2007, 08:16:52 am »
Awww H ~ You've made me and so many people so happy by writing this sequel   :) This first part has been so sweet and wonderful to read again  :)  Your Jack and Ennis are so special and they just belong together on that wonderful Scottish island  :)  This is such a loving story and you write about them with so much love. The SNIT-ish scene just made me swoon, it was so beautiful  :)  And these lines were gorgeous:

He blended in to the rhythm of her movements, and it was almost as if they weren't man and beast at all, but just one creature moving forwards, floating over the land, feeling the breeze in their faces, letting themselves go free.

Heeee! and I adored crazy Jack for going out first footing like that for Ennis! And I really really loved that first hot snog in the car! I loved Jack just asking Ennis to pull over like that, that was just perfect 

The chapter ending was sweet perfection:

They lay on the carpet side by side, Jack resting his head in the crook of Ennis’s arm, his hand tracing patterns over Ennis’s chest. The wind seemed so far away, drifting further as Ennis relaxed into Jack and slept.

*SIGH* BEAUTIFUL

It'll be a loooong wait till this evening! I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to the next part 
And I heart you so big for the sweet dedication. Thanks so much   :-*  :-*  :-*

one_of_one

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2007, 07:26:28 pm »
Here we are folks!

I have renumbered as some folks were confused by there being two part one's.  Yesterday was part 5 and

Today, part 6: http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/39570.html

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08:43 pm »
can't wait to read this... something to look forward to tonight!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

one_of_one

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2007, 08:25:31 pm »
There has been a little confusion about the numbering of this fic.  When I started the New Year series I went back to One instead of moving on with Five.  Sorry :(  Anyway I have changed it all and these are the chapters up to today.

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/35308.html  Part One: 23rd December 2006
http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/36224.html  Part Two: Christmas Eve 2006
http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/37178.html  Part Three: Christmas Day 2006
http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/38198.html  Part Four: Boxing Day 2006
http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/38721.html  Part Five: Hogmanay 2006
http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/39570.html  Part Six: Ne'er Day 2007

Apologies for the lateness of tonight's chapter; unlike Parts 1-4 I am writing this day-by-day on the day.  Part 7 will be up probably late tomorrow since I haven't yet started it. :)   ^f^

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2007, 02:54:39 am »
Thanks Helen! I've been waiting all day for this. I've been sick in bed all weekend (read the Christmas series again ;D ) and ventured out to check if you'd posted. No luck-went back to bed. Got up to go to a party and now, finally, get to savour this Ennis and Jack.

Heathen

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2007, 06:25:27 am »
I commented on your journal too to part six and want to post it here too   :)

I never thought I could love GH more than the last time but I do!  :) This was a seriously beautiful chapter and must have been pretty intense to write. You are so spot on with everything; you *so* get Jack and Ennis. Everything is always so right and detailed. I can just see everything so clearly the way you write it  And Ennis really is a farmer to me; you make that work and I find your detailed descriptions of life on a farm extremely interesting. I feel Ennis really loves it, really cares for the animals and that's just wonderful   :)

I loved Jack offering to help with the cows or make breakfast even though he was half dead! LOL So adorable  :)  And Jack kissing Ennis's fingers like that! Omg....*faints* 
These lines were so beautiful and gentle *SIGH*

Jack was asleep when Ennis climbed in beside him, lying on his side with an arm tucked up under his chin, his breathing slow and steady. Ennis lay on his back staring into the dark, the heat from Jack's body almost burning his skin, above him the gentling swish of the wind in the eaves and the first birds of the morning beginning their chorus as he closed his eyes, and drifted into his second sleep of the year.

Awwwww and tea in bed! How cute is that??! And Ennis blushing! Awwwww *hugs Ennis* And Jack so likes to tease him!!! You wrote that so lovingly  :)
I love the little star Ennis bought  :)  Loved Jack collecting the eggs  :)  And Barry, hmmmmm he intrigues me! He may be weird but I find him very interesting, all that stuff about the horses....
I loved these lines, sweet and so wonderful 

"I think I'll maybe need a snack in the meantime." He brought his forehead against Ennis's, gently pressed their noses together. "I like you a lot, Ennis. You. Not where we are or what we do."

Their talk in the kitchen was wonderful and I'm glad they had it, just getting to know each other a bit better. I loved Ennis cooking, loved Jack dipping his finger into the bowl! Cute!   And I loved these lines:

"I came here to see you, Ennis, and if you want to go out we'll go out, but I'm really just happy to be sitting here with you, being with you. It doesn't really matter to me what we do."
Sweet and beautiful H

I feel for Ennis's confusion and how he worries about Jack not liking it there or that he can hardly believe Jack likes him  :(  Loved these lines, so much:

As he rested his head in his hands, he felt Jack shift across the sofa and wrap an arm round his shoulders. "It's alright, Ennis, it's alright." Jack squeezed his arm. "We can give it a try, can't we?"

*SIGH* Yeah, Jack, of course you can!! and you must!!

The HOT HOT loving at the end was like nothing else H! Jesus. *feels flushed*     

I want to love you, Ennis. Let me. Please." His voice a plaintive sigh against Ennis's neck.
Then their lips were together again, Ennis breathing, "Yes, yes," into Jack's mouth. Jack pulled away. "Turn over, Ennis, turn over." Whispers pulsing round the room as Ennis's heart beat faster; turning to lie on his side, groaning as Jack bit into his neck

OMG *dies*   You sure know how to write hotness H!   

I loved Jack leading Ennis upstairs like that, that was so beautiful   :) Totally loved the moonlight  :)  And the open window and the sound of the sea  :) God, all of that was so damn romantic 

Once again a PERFECT chapter ending to an absolutely perfect and beautiful story. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH sweetie. And you for writing it  I just adore the way you're writing this; you have such a beautiful way with language
Thank you SO very very much. I can't wait for tomorrow  :)

Oh, nearly forgot, I'd love Ennis to teach Jack how to ride  :) That would be just wonderful  :)

:-*  :-*  :-*     

one_of_one

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2007, 04:50:16 pm »
Here is a link to the last chapter of Going Home

Part 7:  January 2nd 2007  http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/40154.html

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2007, 06:03:12 pm »
Helen, that was lovely except the ending wasn't very good - that is, it is begging for MORE. You originally thought 4 parts, it turned in to 7 parts so who know? Thanks for this lovely piece of fan fic.
Leslie.

mvansand76

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2007, 05:01:33 pm »
Sorry for the late comment! I read the last chapter last night and I can't do anything else than repeat myself:

SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL!

:-)

Mel

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2007, 05:11:23 pm »
Sorry for the late comment! I read the last chapter last night and I can't do anything else than repeat myself:

SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL!

:-)

Mel

Yeah, what she said!!!  ;)

I really loved this Helen! I can't remember if I commented on the last chapter because I read it in my flu daze, but it was so good  :-*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73