Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 136568 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
We're thinking of you round the clock every day Chris!!   :-* :-*

Get well soon and come back !!!
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

vkm91941

Is he awake and talking to people? Is that what they mean by conscious?...sigh...

Yes darlin he is awake and talkin to people, answering questions, all of that.  BUT he is still gravely ill, very weak and still running a fever.  He sleeps alot, but he responds to those around him to best of his ability and his mind and personality are intact.

Offline mancityjinx

• Don't Say Much
OT: Things to comfort you when things go bad...
« Reply #312 on: July 28, 2006, 11:11:29 pm »
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes on TCM...I just flicked on TCM and there it was to make me feel a bit better...this is one of my all time faves so it's a good sign for Chris...SENDING MY POSITIVE  BLONDE VIBES to Chris.... :-*
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:14:39 pm by mancityjinx »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Yes darlin he is awake and talkin to people, answering questions, all of that.  BUT he is still gravely ill, very weak and still running a fever.  He sleeps alot, but he responds to those around him to best of his ability and his mind and personality are intact.

Thank the Lord for that!  Keep getting stronger, Chris.  We're sending strength your way!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline mancityjinx

• Don't Say Much
Re: OT: Things to comfort you when things go bad...
« Reply #314 on: July 28, 2006, 11:16:32 pm »
OK well I posted twice by mistake because I am a moron at all things computer as Chris would make fun of me for so I apologise....ignore the double posting.....I am blonde after-all...sigh...I'm such geek.... ::)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #315 on: July 28, 2006, 11:21:21 pm »
Cable is a girl's best friend. If I only had cable.....

p.s. if you want you can just delete your other duplicate thread. Go to "delete" button where the first post is, and click on it. Voila.

What else comforts people when things go bad? This is a very good topic to start. Some of my faves are:
1. Chocolate ice cream
2. Taking my flower essences--they work
3. Watching favorite movies or finding a good one on TV those rare times when they are on regular TV
4. Sitting in the garden across the street
5. Coming here and finding someone to PM or chat with
6. Singing
7. Playing a little Mbira (african thumb piano I sorta know how to play)
8. Taking a nap.

who else?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:29:32 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
My thoughts tonight...I have been lighting candles--both virtual and real--for the past two days, and each one is a magic seedling of love released the moment it is lit, sending a message out across the airwaves. Believe me,  the love and thoughts and light and prayers we are sending are working. Let's keep going--together, we will all deliver Chris back to health.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2006, 12:32:05 am »
Some things to comfort me when things go bad....

1. Vanilla ice cream and cookies (all mixed together in a bowl) with some chocolate syrup squirted on top.

2. Playing my cello and violin brings me tremendous comfort (especially when I play "Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major" or the "Christmas Concerto" by Corelli on my violin). Lately I have been trying to send my music to our friend Chris for healing and comfort.

3. My dog Cody.

4. When my boyfriend holds me tightly in his arms and makes me feel as if nothing in the world can hurt me.

5. Sandalwood and Potouli incense.

6. Watching Brokeback Mountain  :)

7. The familiar creaks and pops of my house. It reminds me that I am home.

8. Friends and family all gathered together and enjoying each other's company.

9. The sound of my boyfriend snoring on one side of me, and my dog snoring on the other side of me.  :)

10. The Sims 2!! I love that game!

11. Playing in my chamber orchestra every other weekend. The peace and warmth that fills my heart when we are all together making music cannot be described.

12. Popcorn!!  :)

13. Puppies and kittens!

14. Emailing family and friends around the country and overseas.

15. Bettermost of course!   :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Oh my goodness, I don't know what to say.
I'm thinking about you, Chris.
Please update as soon as y'all get it.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Stacey!!! I've been hoping to see you here hon. So glad you're here. Yes, keep the good thoughts coming and catch up on the other threads about lighting candles and the pillow practice, it all helps!

Jenny