Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 138032 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Bless you Aussie Chris, for all you are doing. I know it is having a very positive and beautiful effect on Chris. I'll just re-iterate here, since a few postings have been made now about energy healing, that using a pillow and imagining a mini version of Chris on it is a really easy and effective way to focus your healing love to Chris's body. To have something tangible--the pillow--to place your hands and their healing/loving intent on, makes it much easier IMHO. Or if you are visually inclined, using pictures like the ones posted here, of the body with chakras and light surrounding it, is also a great way to send light-filled love to our dear friend.

I've even begun to do this practice when I don't have a pillow and I just visualize myself sitting there with one (when I am standing on the subway, for ex) and if I close my eyes I can still feel it working. Aussie Chris is right, even if you feel like you don't know what you are doing, your intent and love are working, and are all that is needed.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Just wanted to say good morning and let you know I'm still thinking of you! Can't wait to talk to you again!  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl

Chris, I know your spirt is feeling our love
like the sun rising after the dark night.
Rejoice with us, and keep fighting your way back here, friend!
We have lots of living, lots of laughing, still to do with you.
It's gonna be alright.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: OT: Things to comfort you when things go bad...
« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2006, 11:39:50 am »
I am comforted by the steady pace of a game of Oregon Trail.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2006, 12:04:31 pm »
I am comforted by the steady pace of a game of Oregon Trail.

I love Oregon Trail! That brings me back to my grade school days...  :laugh:

Some things that comfort me...

- a bottle of good red wine

- my mom's tuna noodle cassarole

- a picnic out in the sun with no one but my dog as company (or just taking her for a walk)

- a good book or movie

- being with friends

- my good friends on this board

- writing
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Wayne

Re: Get Well Messages for Chris
« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2006, 12:12:17 pm »
Sending you best wishes for everything good, Chris!!      :) :)
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline YaadPyar

Re: Lighting Candles and Prayers for Chris (merged threads)
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2006, 03:14:32 pm »
The BetterMost community has rallied around our friend Chris over the last week.  There have been many, many posts in many places conveying love and good wishes to him and his family.  In order to consolidate these loving good wishes into one post for our community members and Chris and his family to read, various threads have been merged.   The "Light a Candle" and "Perpetual Prayer" threads have also been merged to make them easier to locate/use. 

The intention in these changes is to streamline communication about the situation involving Chris.  There have been some posts about matters beyond get well wishes for Chris that were mixed into these threads, and they have either been deleted or edited.  If you have any questions about these changes, please contact a moderator via PM.

Thanks.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2006, 03:58:12 pm »

For Chris and his family
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2006, 04:37:14 pm »
- A solitary dip in my pool, floating on my back with my ears underwater

- My husband's way of coming up with something that makes me laugh myself silly

- Baking some brownies or chocolate chip cookies

- Lighting some candles around the house and turning the lights down low, even if I'm by myself

- Clipping coupons from the Sunday paper (for some reason, this always makes me feel strangely content.  I don't even end up using the darn things nine times out of ten.)

- A walk through the semi-wooded area in our neighborhood

- Listening to my iPod collection

- Reading and posting here

- Thinking positive thoughts about another person

- Helping somebody in a jam
No more beans!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2006, 04:49:47 pm »
The BetterMost community has rallied around our friend Chris over the last week.  There have been many, many posts in many places conveying love and good wishes to him and his family.  In order to consolidate these loving good wishes into one post for our community members and Chris and his family to read, various threads have been merged.   The "Light a Candle" and "Perpetual Prayer" threads have also been merged to make them easier to locate/use. 

The intention in these changes is to streamline communication about the situation involving Chris.  There have been some posts about matters beyond get well wishes for Chris that were mixed into these threads, and they have either been deleted or edited.  If you have any questions about these changes, please contact a moderator via PM.

Thanks.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)