Author Topic: COLLECTOR'S EDITION DVD Release  (Read 56175 times)

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Re: Anybody going out on 1/23 and buying the Deluxe BBM dvd
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
Yes.  And hopefully I will pick it up in NYC on that day, as my move there has been pushed back til that week.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Anybody going out on 1/23 and buying the Deluxe BBM dvd
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2007, 09:13:39 pm »
No.  Everything that they put on it I've seen already.  But I read an intriguing thread yesterday about secret codes that unlock features on DVD's that no one knows about

Go on...

:)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jan 23rd: 2-Disc Collectors Edition DVD!!
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2007, 03:22:48 am »
Hopefully there will be some advertising for it on television.  I would love to see the dozy embrace get national exposure again.

Muwahahaha!  Me too!  :D

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2007, 12:38:14 pm »
Regarding deleted scenes - didn't Pierre Tremblay say that Ang only filmed two scenes that weren't used in the film?  There may have been different views of the same scene but I believe there are not many alternate scenes.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2007, 12:43:18 pm »
Regarding deleted scenes - didn't Pierre Tremblay say that Ang only filmed two scenes that weren't used in the film?  There may have been different views of the same scene but I believe there are not many alternate scenes.

Good point, silk.  Here's the link to the interview.  Pierre answered it in Question #1.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2007, 02:18:51 pm »
In the interview, Pierre mentions 2 deleted scenes (from his description, probably the hippie scene and the scene showing the mechanics that briefly flashed in some previews). 

But he also says: "Two scenes that I would have liked to see more of were the rodeo sequence when Jack meets Lureen and the 4th of July scene.  ...I was in charge of directing background performers(extras) and we had arranged for some additional rodeo events..."

In other words, there are 2 deleted scenes — but more (possibly many more) scenes that were reduced or cut short. (Tent scene 2 immediately comes to mind.)  Wouldn't it be great to have that extra footage!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2007, 04:16:27 pm »
(Tent scene 2 immediately comes to mind.)  Wouldn't it be great to have that extra footage!

Yes....  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2007, 05:02:20 pm »
Wouldn't it be great to have that extra footage!

Any extra footage of Ennis and Jack would be a Good Thing. I'd like to see more of the fishin' trip scene where Ennis brings the cans of Bettermost Beans.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2007, 08:21:51 pm »
And after, when Jack gives him a brand new rifle after Ennis brings him the beans, the moment only being shattered by Ennis' refusal to accept such an expensive gift.  Another disappointing moment for Jack.

Serious question--do we know if the business with the rifle was filmed? I think I remember reading script for it somewhere, but that's all I know. I presume the longer scene with the cans of beans was filmed because I've seen a still shot of it, and in the film, after we hear Jack telling Ennis, "You're late!" we can just hear Ennis say, "Look what I brung," or something close to it, and I'm sure he's talking about the cans of beans.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2007, 09:04:16 pm »

This pic has to be from yet another scene -- possibly when Cassie had "left word with Steve at the ranch" and someone was passing that word along to Ennis.