Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89837 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 04:07:10 am »
Chicago is an early stop on my trip, and yes, let's go roun the world.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 04:53:45 am »
So you can come pick me up in Chicago, and we'll be off! Maybe we can go to India and the UK too while we're at it. Just say the word, I'll be ready! (Except not right now, I'm going to bed.)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 05:23:36 am »
>> the Brokie Brunch (Bronch?) is happenin'!

Broncho?

Hey, a serious (for me) note.  If I'm going to get airplane tickets and arrange everything here to actually do this (which includes transcontinental air travel solo with a three year old - which has the potential of making staying on old Sleepy for 8 seconds look tame), I'd be bummed if the date of this Brokie Broncho were to change.  How sure a thing is April 29th?

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 12:58:31 pm »
>> the Brokie Brunch (Bronch?) is happenin'!

Broncho?

Hey, a serious (for me) note.  If I'm going to get airplane tickets and arrange everything here to actually do this (which includes transcontinental air travel solo with a three year old - which has the potential of making staying on old Sleepy for 8 seconds look tame), I'd be bummed if the date of this Brokie Broncho were to change.  How sure a thing is April 29th?

Well, everyone, Elle has a big question here--if we say April 29, do we mean it or are we gonna come back and say, bud, there's been somthing I been meanin' to tell ya.....and burst her bubble?

I am here. I ain't goin nowwhere. ('cept maybe to Chicago for Easter weekend if that happens...)

Let's get the date firmed up if we can.

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 02:57:12 pm »
Click for listing/review by New York Magazine (have only been to Mesa Grill, myself, but Cowgirl sure looks cute!

Cowgirl
519 Hudson St.
"Saddle up for country kitsch and chuck wagon cuisine served in Texas-sized portions, partner!" http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/cowgirl/index.html
This is the only place on the list that I've been to, and it's great!  It's been a while, but I think I even had biscuits and gravy here...not to mention the killer margaritas.  Right in the West Village.  This one gets my vote...if a total newbie's vote counts. ;)

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2006, 03:13:23 pm »
Jenny and Clarissa:

Tell you what, I will be in New York on the 29th, so I will be at the Broncho one way or t'other; if I have to, I'll leave instructions to have my ashes sent over: you can pour out a little Old Rose in front of my Tin Can. (Leave at curbside afterwards.)

Juan: I could be wrong, but it looks like it's shapin' up to be 'Cowgirl' (and how perfect a name is that?) not only as you and Meryl have already been and don't object, but Elle seems to like the idea, and as she is travelling the farthest to come and be sociable, I think that carries much weight--

Others will doubtless have their opinions, though! Wherever we go, I think we'd best give fair warnin' as I think we will be quite a sizeable posse.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Surf

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2006, 03:23:27 pm »
I can't believe no one suggested going to Jackson Hole (and what state is Jackson Hole in I ask?).  Citysearch New York readers give every location in Manhattan a higher rating than Cowgirl and it's one less dollar sign too.  Jackson Hole doesn't do small.  Burgers, sandwiches, and even a South of the Border menu too.   You know what this restaurants logo is?  The Wyoming rodeo cowboy on a bucking bronco.  Citysearch editorial rating for Cowgirl = "Average".  Citysearch editorial rating for Jackson Hole = "Recommended".
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 03:34:18 pm by Surf »

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2006, 04:35:02 pm »
Waaa.  I would love to come and live just down the turnpike, but I have a previous engagement.  I look forward to hearing about it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2006, 05:01:05 pm »
These threads have a way of getting long.

When we get closer to the event, will one of the organizers be so kind as to summarize where and what time? I'll have to check train schedules.

Thanks very much!

(I can't believe I'm actually getting serious about this. New York-phobic me. I'm the out-of-towner who always gets the cab driver who is just off the boat from New-Yorkistan and asks me for directions to where I want to go. But I used to have friends in the West Village--they lived right at the intersection of Greenwich and Christopher. I want to get one of those real big western belt buckles. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2006, 05:12:52 pm »
Now what about watching the DVD together too? 

I'll tell you this about restaurants with big groups - more than 10 people, or really even less, especially if the place is loud, and not everybody can talk to everybody.  And I hate that!  I just went out for my quarterly adoptive moms night out and there 16 of us at one big, long table, and I wanted to be in all the conversations, but couldn't.  If I come all that way, I want to spend time in real conversation with each of you, not just the two people seated next to me or whatever.

How can we do it so that we can actually mingle?  Somehow commandeer a private room at a restaurant with small tables and keep table switchin.  Or  oooooooooooooo get a hotel suite with some honkin TV and watch the DVD and have room service!  Oh that!!  Somehow have a little home for a few hours!!!!!  That! That! That!  Too much?