Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89863 times)

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2006, 05:19:17 pm »
fyi on Cowgirl --- Actually you can get the back room at Cowgirl for private use (unless the name recently changed the full name is Cowgirl Hall of Fame).  Even though it is a "back room" it has windows and light and door to the street.  My friend had her daughter's birthday party in there.   No idea of the cost, but I can find out.  Cowgirl Hall of Fame also has big tables throughout the restaurant for large groups.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2006, 05:30:43 pm »
Amy,

Great minds. I called and found out that: the adjacent same-owner restaurant, 'BAR-K,' a nominal 40-person space, is available for private parties during the day (we would have to be out by 4pm as they start servin' dinner at 5pm;

The Party Person at Cowgirl/Bar-K is Devra deDeaux, she will next be in on Tuesday at 11am (she is there til 7pm), phone 212-633-1133;

They still have April 29 open.

One can also reserve a lounge, a back room and a bar; take a look, here's the website party page: http://cowgirlnyc.com/parties.html

Time: 16 and 9!

;D

later edit:

Here's the Brunch Page: http://cowgirlnyc.com/parties_brunch.html

(Sorry Elle--the only TV's at the Bar--although a couple scenes would take on added meaning and poignance when seen in a bar, no?)

Time: 17 and 2!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 05:41:03 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2006, 05:38:45 pm »
Anyone have a spare Chicago-to-New York plane ticket lying around?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2006, 07:22:14 pm »
Wow, a lot has happened since I last checked in!  ;D

I'll leave instructions to have my ashes sent over: you can pour out a little Old Rose in front of my Tin Can. (Leave at curbside afterwards.)

John, I want to marry your sense of humor  ;D

The date is firm!  If the Army gets one of us, there's still a handful left to carry on.  Go for it, Elle.  :-*

I agree that Cowgirl Hall of Fame seems the best choice.  Surf, what I like about it is that it's one of a kind rather than a chain, and my Time Out New York restaurant guide gives it a red star, which means they think it's ver' good.  I checked out their lounge when I was there, and though it's small, it would be a great place to have drinks.  Couches line the walls, and it has a homey feel.

John or Amy, would you be up for calling them on Tuesday?  It looks like we've got nine for sure, so maybe go for a dozen or so people?  Darn it, hpie and Courtney, I wish you could come!  :(

As for watching the DVD somewhere, I have faith that we'll work it out.  I have too much going on that week to feel confident offering my place as an option.  But this is New York, after all, and maybe we could even rent a private screening room somewhere.   8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Surf

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2006, 07:25:40 pm »
  But this is New York, after all, and maybe we could even rent a private screening room somewhere.   8)

Hell it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't still playing at the AMC Empire 25 on 42nd street by then.  After all, they have twenty five screens to fill.

Don't know if I will be making it yet....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2006, 08:14:47 pm »
Don't know if I will be making it yet....

Oh, no!  I sure hope you can.....

You might be right about the AMC, come to think of it.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2006, 08:53:01 pm »
You better make it surf!!! Or we'll be callin you Ennis for bailing on us!!

I vote for going to the place where we can mingle the most. Cowgirl and Bar-K seem oK to me. but I haven't researched either of them. I really want to do that shopping excursion to the Western wear store!

Brokie Broncho, here we come!

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2006, 07:46:45 am »
Hey all,

Glad people want to make it--or something--happen. In re: making arrangements, Spirit is willing, but Flesh is weak--I'm off to the doctor as soon as I arrange things on my desk so things aren't a complete disaster here--I have a feeling I won't be able to check in here later today, hope I will tomorrow--waves feebly--

off ta get sawboned--
 :P
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 10:17:05 am »
Poor John, feel better soon!  *Offers a dose of Ma Twist's Cherry Tonic and a warm blanket*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2006, 06:35:32 pm »
Hope you're feeling better soon, John!

(Wrings hands with worry. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.