Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88720 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2006, 08:50:20 am »
I am so happy to hear that John is doing so well! He's in my prayers every morning, and I'm glad to hear that procedure for his heart isn't "invasive." That's been worrying me.

I'll look forward to seeing the pictures. I just knew from his avatar that John is a cutie! And I love his sense of humor. I posted something once about thinking he was cute, and he responded that his aunts would have described him as "mutton disguised as lamb"!

Meryl, you should invite the Naked Cowboy to the next brunch.

He can play his guitar for us--as long as I don't have to s-a-a-a-a-n-g!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2006, 07:15:04 pm »
O Brokies dear, be of good cheer,
On Hudson Street we soon shall meet.
From near and far, plane, train and car
Will bring us to our rendezvous.

Bring cameras, phones and pheremones,
And by all means, wear jeans, tote beans;
We'll raise a toast to Friends who post
And wait to hear of our good cheer.

The Mountain lends to all good Friends
A spritely air and aspect fair.
We'll feast with glee and guarantee
Of Ennis and Jack there'll be no lack!

Yeehaw!  ;D

See y'all soon!  :-*

Meryl - just read your poem. So cute! So clever.  :)
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2006, 11:35:12 am »
Aw, thanks, ELJ!  It was nice to be reminded of it again.  We had such a great time!  :-*

It looks like we'll be planning a NY-area picnic in Central Park on Sunday, June 11, the night of the full moon.  So anyone who thinks they can make it, let me know.  We can raise a glass to the revelers gathering in San Francisco and have our own little ceremony in loving tribute to the First Tent Scene.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2006, 12:55:21 pm »
We can........ have our own little ceremony in loving tribute to the First Tent Scene. 

Oh, Meryl! What a naughty image of your ceremony that conjured up!  And in the middle of Central Park, too!  ;) ;D

The picnic sounds great. Do let those of us who'd like to join but can't for various reasons, hear all about it. I'll join you in spirit. And I very much enjoyed the recap of the previous brunch, that Two_mules sent to me.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2006, 01:18:48 am »
Oh, Meryl! What a naughty image of your ceremony that conjured up!  And in the middle of Central Park, too!  ;) ;D

:laugh:  Honest, I didn't mean it that way!  But now that you mention it, it has possibilities..... ;D

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2006, 12:34:49 am »
I am posting this here since it seems the most approprite thread in which to do so.  I just wanted to fill y'all in on a little get-together in Chicago on Monday.  I had the great pleasure of meeting Meryl, who honored me with her company for a brief visit and lunch.  We spent far too little time together, but what time there was was an absolute delight.

She is as you would imagine from knowing her on-line: thoughtful, well-considered in what she says, clearly intelligent, warmly funny and caring.  She brought with her a bottle of whiskey, which I'm keeping for my BBM friends to share at some point, and three bandanas from the Brokie Brunch in NYC - one for me, one for Courtney and one for Andrew, who I still need to send them to. 

It was just a wonderful reminder that the movie was a start - a powerful and compelling start to something big - but the rest is how it plays out in our lives.  And to see the friends it has created, as evidenced in this wonderful meeting on Monday, is I think the greatest gift of all.

I'm looking forward to the pictures Meryl, and to the resurrection of our favorite thread.  Much love to you, friend...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #316 on: May 26, 2006, 01:28:53 am »
Celeste, you beat me to it!  ;D

When I got back to town, it turned out that a friend was here for an art convention, and I ended up spending most of Tuesday thru today with her, so I didn't get the darn film to the developer.  But tomorrow for sure, I promise!

I loved our one-on-one time in the Windy City.  It became a bit windier on Monday, what with all our gabbing.  ;)

Brokies, Celeste has a really cool apartment, right downtown, which takes up one whole floor and has great views.  You can look out on one side and see yourself reflected in the building across the way (it's all mirror glass), which is strange, but oh so cosmopolitan.  Her kitty is adorable and loves to sit on her laptop, just like my kitty.  And every nice thing she so kindly said about me goes triple for her--she's lovely in every way!  8)

Photos to follow soon, including some of John and Jenny and me at our get-together.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #317 on: May 26, 2006, 08:48:10 pm »
Okay, y'all, here is our beautiful Celeste and kitty (Ninya?) looking like they're about to get sozzled on whiskey, and Celeste and me at the restaurant where we ate lunch on Monday in Chicago.   ;D

Let's do it again next Monday, Celeste!  ;D ;)

And everyone can check out John's thread to see some pics of our get-together with Jenny: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=909.140
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 05:38:09 pm by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #318 on: May 26, 2006, 09:08:33 pm »
Thanks for the bandana Meryl! Wish I could have been there!

Celeste's apartment seems like it should be in a movie. Andrew and I discussed moving into the elevators, but the terrace of fire escape would be good too.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #319 on: May 27, 2006, 12:19:15 am »
All you sometimes need a silly little song to feel what you're saying--

Shiny happy people laughing
Meet me in the crowd
People people
Throw your love around
Love me love me
Take it into town