Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89756 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2006, 12:11:08 pm »
We've had it all in Philadelphia this morning: sunshine, rain, and snow showers.

John, "I'm so glad you're not dead!" (What movie is that line from?)

(Starts sweating a bit) I'd be in favor of a reservation at the Cowgirl. If it's in the West Village, I'd feel a bit more comfortable than having to find my way around an unfamiliar New York neighborhood since I used to know the West Village, even if that was more than ten years ago.

Meryl, I think it would be a good idea to try to encourage Hoboken Jeff to come, if he's free.

Added: If it becomes necessary to change the date, at the present time the only weekend I have booked between Easter and Memorial Day is the weekend of Saturday, May 13, so I can be flexible, if it's necessary.

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:23:42 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 01:27:34 pm »
<snip>Should we make a rez for an even dozen to allow for late additions?

(You're not gonna believe this, but it just started snowin' here in New York--well, it won't stick an hour--)

(cough, hack)
 :P

Thanks for the kind wishes, all!
I can't believe it's freaking snowing.  No wonder I get sick with every change in the weather.  I guess Prince was right, sometimes it snows in April.  Glad you're feeling better though!

Juan
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:49:56 am by JCinNYC2006 »
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2006, 10:15:14 pm »
Amy, would you go ahead and reserve a table for 12?  How about noon, so Philly Jeff and the Connecticutians won't have to get up before the crack of dawn?  ;)

We can ask them to set us up so that we're all able to talk across at each other.  Or if we have to do two tables, we can plan to do a "movable feast" kind of dealie where we change places mid-meal.  It'll drive the waiters insane, but we'll be extra, extra nice to them.  ;D

I'm ever so glad you're still alive, John.  That snow didn't stick an hour, did it?  But it was purdy.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2006, 10:21:09 pm »
Amy, would you go ahead and reserve a table for 12?  How about noon, so Philly Jeff and the Connecticutians won't have to get up before the crack of dawn?  ;)

We can ask them to set us up so that we're all able to talk across at each other.  Or if we have to do two tables, we can plan to do a "movable feast" kind of dealie where we change places mid-meal.  It'll drive the waiters insane, but we'll be extra, extra nice to them.  ;D

I'm ever so glad you're still alive, John.  That snow didn't stick an hour, did it?  But it was purdy.  :)

Thank you, Meryl, that is most kind of you, O Great High Priestess of the Brokeback Cult! That time will give me something to work with to check train schedules. I don't own a car, so I'll be arriving by train.

OMG, looks like I'm really goin' to the Big City!

John, I'm also ever so glad you didn't die. You can't die! I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2006, 10:08:29 am »
So Brunch is on? Do we have to do anything other than show up? Amy, have you made a reservation? (I can see how the Cowgirls would be peeved if we made two or three duplicate rezzes for twelve...)

Thanks so much Meryl, for the kind wishes, and also thanks to Jeff (gosh, I get to meet a favorite author!), to my suprise we will be able to chat at brunch without the mediation of Madame Arcati and her ouija board--so looking forward!

Someone do post confirmation that the rez is in hand, if it is--

John (feeling a might peckish already--)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2006, 10:28:48 am »
 ;D OK Guys - CONFIRMED:  I made a reservation for 12 at Cowgirl, 519 Hudson Street, NY, NY, Saturday, April 29th, at noon. ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2006, 10:34:53 am »
So Brunch is on? Do we have to do anything other than show up? Amy, have you made a reservation? (I can see how the Cowgirls would be peeved if we made two or three duplicate rezzes for twelve...)

Thanks so much Meryl, for the kind wishes, and also thanks to Jeff (gosh, I get to meet a favorite author!), to my suprise we will be able to chat at brunch without the mediation of Madame Arcati and her ouija board--so looking forward!

Someone do post confirmation that the rez is in hand, if it is--

John (feeling a might peckish already--)

John,

Favorite author? Surely you don't mean me?

Is Madame Arcati busy that day? Too bad--didn't know she was a Brokie! We'll just have to be blithe without her! ;^)

Jeff

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2006, 11:11:57 am »
Yeehaw, Amy!  You're the sweetest little gal in New York City.   :-*

Hmm, what to wear?  Definitely something loose, considering I'll be downing biscuits and gravy.  Perhaps my High Priestess robes--the secular version, that is. ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2006, 01:11:59 pm »
Thank you, Amy! Fish should be jumpin'! It's a date! (Psst, Meryl--she was probably tired of our dumb-ass missin'!)

Sure lookin' forward to tyin' on the feedbag--

;D
John

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2006, 05:55:06 pm »