Author Topic: So unbelievably bummed......  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
So unbelievably bummed......
« on: April 01, 2006, 04:16:15 pm »
First a couple of days ago I found out that the last ever showing of BBM in the UK was showing at the Cambridge Arts Picture House, which is where I went to see BBM the first time. So I got out my bus timetable and planned everything out, so when my mum came home I put the idea across to her and she said I could go. So I had got everything ready: put my money aside, packed my bag and was ready to go. Then my mum turns around and say that I can only go with a friend. So I search around for a friend who is over 15 and wants to go. So I find one and then she bailed out on me! So I was on my own with no one to go with so therefore I couldn't go. :'( I was in a mood with my mum and my friend for days after.
But this is the doozy, my friend who I normally go to BBM with( I would have gone on thursday with her but she was packing) has just emailed me from Australia, where she went on holiday, and said that she had fun on the plane and that the weather is hot, blah, blah, blah and oh yeah guess what was the film on the plane from London to Singapore.......Brokeback! I am so so jealous!
And I still haven't got the "Jack Twist? Jack Nasty!" T-shirt I ordered just over a month ago! So stuff isn't going that well for me at the moment! I think you guys are the highlight of my life! :)

Oh this has been such a negative thread so far....*Trys to think about something good in her life*.......The DVD is only out in 23 days!  ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

vkm91941

Re: So unbelievably bummed......
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 04:18:49 pm »
I have a positive for you Becky...I added your picture to your post on this photos of us thread.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 04:39:30 pm »
Thanks Vic, I hadn't worked out how yet, but now I know! ;D You guys on here are the highlight of my life, well you and anything Brokeback. ;)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 06:25:16 pm »
Well Becky, look it as a postive. It was nice there showing it on airline flights. I didn't know if the film was "airline material."   NO doubt, some ppl saw it for the first time.

When booking my next plane flight, I will have to ask, what movie will you be showing.

Latter,

KARL  :D

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 08:48:38 pm »
Hey Becky, hang in there.  I know it's a drag - a couple times I've had plans to go see it and got all worked up in anticipation only to have my plans get messed up.   And I know 23 days seems like a long time, but just think, once you have it, you'll have it forever and you'll never be waiting again!!!!!   

:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 09:51:17 pm »
Hey Becky,

Man, I really feel for you. It sucks when your life is not really under your control when you're a teenager. I would be mad at my mom and friend too. With this movie, people who don't really understand just really don't understand.

But, we are SO glad you are here. We kept saying I hope Becky reads her PMs soon and gets over here!!

And dear Becky I am so sorry your t-shirt hasn't arrived!!! I have just sent an email on your behalf and hope to get a response by monday. I had no idea!! You should go into the email that you got right after you ordered it, and use that to contact them about it. If something happened to your order while being shipped, I promise to make it up to you and send you one myself. After all you've been through you deserve it!

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 11:51:55 am »
And dear Becky I am so sorry your t-shirt hasn't arrived!!! I have just sent an email on your behalf and hope to get a response by monday. I had no idea!! You should go into the email that you got right after you ordered it, and use that to contact them about it. If something happened to your order while being shipped, I promise to make it up to you and send you one myself. After all you've been through you deserve it!

AWWWWWWWWWWW Thanks Jenny! You are an  :angel:! I have been worried for weeks and weeks, but it might be something to do with my post here in the UK. I have ordered a load of stuff of eBay recently and the stuff from the US normally comes with in a few days, but no sign yet. I really don't mind how long it takes to get here, as long as it gets here! As I said before if it doesn't come in the next few days I will get on their asses (well I say I will, my mum will cause technically she ordered it). If you do get an email in response inform me what is happening, please. Thanks for the offer of sending me one, but I am hoping it is not necessary, although if I get desperate I may take you up on that offer!

Hey Becky,

Man, I really feel for you. It sucks when your life is not really under your control when you're a teenager. I would be mad at my mom and friend too.

But, we are SO glad you are here. We kept saying I hope Becky reads her PMs soon and gets over here!!

Yeah I checked my PMs as soon as I got on IMDb and I had got one from Celeste, Vic and Clarissa, I felt loved and I was over here in a shot!

I was mad with my mum for days and days, and didn't talk to her at all but being me, the person who hates conflict and will do anything to get out of it, I caved. I am still kind of mad with my friend but she has since explained that her mum wouldn't let her go either, so I am kind of sympathizing with her.

With this movie, people who don't really understand just really don't understand.
You have just described the whole of my day yesterday! I was at a family gathering and of course my mum and sister always like to play the "Talk about Becky and see who can make her go reddest game", which as you can guess isn't that much fun for me. Well of course things somehow got on to the subject of BBM and my homophobic cousins (all male) started going on about "How can you watch that, it is about gay men.....errrr!" oh yeah I forgot to mention the oldest of these cousins is 28 and they are all older than me! Well I just gave them evils >:D and said, "When you grow up  and get some real taste in films, you can tell what is good and what is bad!" ;D The look on their faces was priceless, no need to say that they were stunned :o that their little cuz  had seen that film and was whooping their asses for badmouthing it! But anyone who isn’t a Brokie can understand why I have seen it so many times.
Sorry I type tooo much, I will shut up now :-X
PM or email me if you get a reply please Jenny,
thanks again
Becky!