Author Topic: Some *More* Getting to Know You Questions  (Read 20606 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Some *More* Getting to Know You Questions
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:49:28 pm »
Here's another little survey another friend sent me today.  Copy and paste and modify at will.  Enjoy.

1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?  Barbara
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  Yes - my mother's best friend from childhood
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  This morning, reading "Dead Horse Road" - it was more like my eyes were stinging with tears than I was weeping.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Hell, no!  The more I use computer keyboards, the worse it gets, too.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Turkey
6. KIDS?  One 4 1/2 year old spitfire - I mean boy - named Will
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?  Depends on what kind of other person I was.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  In my brain.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  No.  Never.   ::)
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  Yes.  Probably shouldn't, as often as I had tonsilitis as a kid.
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  Hell, no.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Honey Nut Cheerios, but lately I'm eating this stuff called "Hi-Lo" by Nutritious Living.  3 g of sugar, 6 g of fiber and 12 g of protein.  All that considered, it ain't bad.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  No.  Don't when I put 'em on, either.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Physically, no.  Emotionally, usually.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  My impatience.  It is the mother of all my other flaws.  It's gotten better since I've had a child.  But I literally have to count to 10 and take deep breaths to keep from getting rattled when I'm waiting for something that shouldn't be taking so long.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom and Layla D. Dog.
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  A white blouse and a black skirt and sandals
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  A Quaker "Q-Smart" snack bar
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  My office mate's very loud fan - the AC's kinda crapping out today at work
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  Periwinkle
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  Fresh-cut grass and that metallic smell right before rain
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My friend Teresa
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  The spark of intelligence in their eyes
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Absolut martini, straight up with a twist when I go out.  At home, vodka and soda.  Preferably Absolut or Svedka.
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?  When I go out.  Otherwise, I wear glasses (for near-sightedness).
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  I'm almost finished with The Kite Runner
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  My company's logo at work and Eeyore at home
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  Nothing.  Went to bed at 8:30 exhausted after playing with a very lively 4-year-old (who never napped) all day.
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  Rain
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Both
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  England
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  My freakish sponge memory for movie lines, song lyrics and people's names - great at parties - amazes my friends!

No more beans!

vkm91941

Re: Some *More* Getting to Know You Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 04:40:22 pm »
1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?   Victoria
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  Yes - the Queen ::)
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?   ah Yes - last night while praying for my friend
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Yes, I have a very nice hand, people comment all the time.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Turkey
6. KIDS?  two, 16 - David and 13 going on 30-Jared
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don't know
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  Yes
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  Rarely if ever.   
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  No
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  Hell, no.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Old fashioned regular Cheerios, Frosted Mini Wheats Or Kashi Go Lean
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  Yes
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Physically,average  Emotionally, VERY.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  My temper.  It is very slow to rise but my good opinion once lost is pretty much lost.  I don't hold grudges, and I do forgive but I never trust again... I just feel you can't unring the bell. :-\
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My mom
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  Lavender T-shirt and Lavender plaid crop pants, white sneakers
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  A bowl of grits with salt, pepper and a little butter
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  the TV in the other room with my Dad, my dog snoring at my feet
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  Burnt Seinna
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  the cool, crisp air of autumn with that hint of chimney smoke and winter in the air, my kids skin fresh from the bath.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My friend Eric
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Their smile
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Alcoholic- Hard- Malibu Rum with Coke and a twist of lime, Wine-Sterling Cabernet 1992, Non-Alcoholic- Unsweetened Ice Tea with lemon and lots of ice
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?   No
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?   Just started  " Sleeping with Fear" by Kay Hooper
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  My beloved dachshund Peaches
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  Deadwood on HBO
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  the ocean
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  Hong Kong
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  Actually I do not believe I have one.   ???
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:10:52 pm by vkm91941 »

vkm91941

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:03:56 am »
;D

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 04:51:12 am »
Alright, here goes, but again I retain the right to refuse to answer  some of these questions ...

1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?   Joseph (most french-canadians have that name for boys (Marie, for girls) as their first name, my name comes just before the family name and my middle name comes after Joseph)
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  I don't believe so
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?   2 days ago - can't remember why - been doing a lot more of that lately ...
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING? No
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Does mortedella, hot, count?
6. KIDS?  no
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I don't think so
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  No
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  Yea   
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  uh-hun, yea
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  No way
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Almost 50 years later, I still love my Alpha-bits!
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  Yes of course
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  I think so - had to, like Ennis - both physically & emotionally - self preservation
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  I still don't like hard questions - not answering
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? These days, I miss Bill
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  blue
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  A plate of tossed salad - with at least 8 different veggies in it
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  They're playing "You Decorated my Life" by Kenny Rogers on the radio
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  don't know, maybe canari yellow
21. FAVORITE SMELL? I'm not sure ... some lillies are very lovely, fresh cut grass, the air after the rain, cucumber .. maybe I just don't have one
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My friend Bryan
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it WILL incriminate me - If you need to know, try asking Milli ::)
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Fresca, I think, though sometimes milk is Sooo good
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?   No
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?   It's summer ... I'm re-reading 'Tis by Frank McCourt and the fantasy series for teens Les chevaliers d'Émeraude by Anne Robillard
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  some nonsense cartoon promoting immunization
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  a little bit of Brokeback Mountain
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  the call of the loon - magic!
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Beatles of course, who's that other group?  ;)
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  probably San Francisco
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  special... dunno, but most people appreciate that I can play some piano
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 04:39:38 pm by Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 02:44:11 pm »
1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?  Sarah
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  Two days ago: I got a job I auditioned for and was filled to the brim with hope about.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Yes.  It is splendid handwriting, if I may say.  Good fine motor skill run in my family.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? HAM!
6. KIDS?  None.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?  I would probably have a mix of attraction and repulsion proportional to my interpersonal strengths and weaknesses.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  Yes.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  Yes.   
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  To quote Barb and Vic, Hell, no.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Joe-O's from Trader Joe's.  Currently.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Maybe slightly above average for a woman, in upper body anyway.  My quads are magnificent, as they schlep this body around all day.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  Critical/judmental tendencies.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Probably Jessica, a friend.
17. WHAT COLORS ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?  Black clothes, orange jewelry.
18. LAST THING YOU ATE? Soy crisps, white cheddar flavor.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  The tickle-tap of keyboard-keys.
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  "green-blue"
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  Mmm.  Am I allowed to request a combination of Dove soap in the foreground, bacon frying in the background?
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My mom.
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Smartness, coming out of somewhere on them.
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Gin and tonic.  Slight preference for Bombay Sapphire, but honestly I'm pretty much a philistine.
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  I'm almost finished with The March by E.L. Doctorow.
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  Orange concentric circles.  Ikea 50 cents.
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  Episodes 3 and 4 of The Forsyte Saga.
29. FAVORITE SOUND? Clanging flagpole.
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Beatles.
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  I think Vienna.
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  Uncanny ear for voices (like in one word I know that the guest star on the Simpsons is, say Julia Louis-Dreyfus or whatever), and general good ear-skills, including music and mimicry.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 02:51:57 pm by thierryhenrypie »

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 04:26:55 pm »
1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?  Amber
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I'm named after my father and godfather for my middle name.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  About 2 minutes ago while watching the end of a movie.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Print, yes ... cursive, not so much.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Virginia ham
6. KIDS?  Someday very soon
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?  Ummmmm ... sure?
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Online only
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  All the time!
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yeppers
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  There is NOooo amount of money ...
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Luckie Charms
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  Sometimes
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Sometimes.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  My stomach
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?  Friends and family in Michigan and elsewhere
17. WHAT COLORS ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? Denim and yellow
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?   Manadrin oranges
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  Paula Dean
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  That's hard, I like all of the colors
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  Fresh cut grass and chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven - not at the same time though *lol*
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My sister.
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Eyes, smile and sense of humor.
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  non-alcoholic - Wild Cherry Pepsi ... alcoholic - either Killians Irish Red or Pina Coladas
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  "Every Inch of Her" by Peter Sheridan and "Bad Dirt" by Annie Proulx
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  no mouse pad - touch pad on a laptop
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT? "Cinderella Man"
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  Wind through the pine trees
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Beatles for SURE!
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  Probably Mexico
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  I can play the clarinet, saxaphone and piano (although none of them very well) and I hope to add the guitar very soon.
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 05:04:53 pm »
1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?  Nipith (but in Thai)
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  not that I know of.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  the last time I saw BBM, which was in June.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  I generally do.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Pastrami
6. KIDS? if they don't bother me, I won't bother them.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I think I would.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? nope.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? I do use sarcasm, but not a lot.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  Yes.
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  Yes.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Don't have a favorite. I've been buying Kellogg's Brand Buds, and I like it.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  Yes.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  I never really thought of myself in that term. I have strength in my reserve if I need it, but in general it's never an issue.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  I tend to shut down when emotions overwhelm me. I'm working at it though.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My parents live in Thailand. I'll see them in a week and a half, but most of the time I miss them terribly.
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  khaki shorts.
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  banana
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  Bebel Gilberto.
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  Don't have one.
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  Green Tea.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My Dad.
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Smile.
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Sapphire Dirty Martini, mojito, or Maker's Mark on the rocks.
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?  I just started wearing contacts, still trying to get used to them.
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  I'm such a geek! "Warcraft: War of the Ancients Trilogy - book 3: The Sundering"
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  Tiger print (got it when Apple release their OSX Tiger.
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  Nothing. I worked then played sudoku to unwind a bit before hitting bed.
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  Sometimes, the Rain, sometimes, just the din of a crowded restaurant.
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Stones
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  As far as I could, I guess. Having been on the other side of the world.
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  As oppose to unspecial talent like drawing and painting? I have a good sense of direction. but then again, don't all men think that they do?
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 06:33:26 pm »
1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?  Frances  (No one who knows me calls me this because they know I absolutely hate it.)
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  Yes, my paternal grandmother.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  After a fight with a friend.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  My cursive looks like a fourth-grader's, so no.  My printing is much better as I mostly print.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Hard salami, with honey-roasted turkey a close second.
6. KIDS?  Two daughters: 18-year-old Michelle and 13-year-old Elaine.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I started one during a crisis but haven't been back to it since things improved.  It's too painful to read.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  No.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  Yes. 
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  No.  I'm not a risk-taker.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  I have two favorites:  Cheerios and Rice Krispies -- with 1% milk and fresh blueberries, strawberries, or bananas.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  No.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  I like to think I am, but I know I am not.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  My shyness and the fact that people often mistake it for snobbishness.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?  My Aunt Anna who passed away a year and a half ago.  She taught my sisters and me how to play pinochle, and I've taught my daughters.
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  A yellow-green tank top, black cropped pants, and green flip-flops.
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  A piece of Entenmann's Ultimate Crumb Cake.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  Nothing.  (Sometimes quiet is good.)
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  Scarlet.
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  Fresh-cut grass.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My husband.
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Their eyes.
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Non-alcoholic:  seltzer with lime;  alcoholic:  champagne. 
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I used to.  Now I wear glasses, but only when I go out and need to see.  At home, I just wear them while watching TV;  I take them off to read.
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  I'm just about ready to start Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro.
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  The color red.
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  An episode of Law & Order.
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  Rain.
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Beatles.
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  Italy.
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  I seem to have a knack for arts & crafts.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 08:47:54 pm »

1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?
I'm not tellin'
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Just now, asking for grace for Chris.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Yes.  I'm a Libra, so I like beautiful things, so I've worked to make as much about what I do as pleasing as possible.  I even write checks with flourishes.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Tongue, I guess.
6. KIDS?  Cats.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?  Depends on what kind of other person I was.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  I used to.  But I write too much and it took days to write down all my thoughts on one day and so I finally abandoned it.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  Yep.  It's so reflex I've started offending people unintentionally.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  Yes.  Probably shouldn't, as often as I had tonsilitis as a kid.
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  No.  I'd like to say yes, but I'm scared of heights and terrified of falling.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Sugar Corn Pops.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  No.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Physically, no.  Emotionally, very much so.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  The fact that I'm a jack of all trades in a world where only specialists are rewarded.  I'm good at many many things, but do not excel at anything in particular.  So while I can do many things, I can never compete successfully or be what our society considers a 'success' because I am never good enough.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? The men I thought my ex-lovers were.
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  A pale vanilla and coral colored floral sundress.
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  A low carb piece of chocolate.  I need to get offline and go cook dinner.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  The History Channel
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  Sky blue
21.FAVORITE SMELL?  Smell of rain coming but not yet there or else, the ocean.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My mother
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Their intelligence and ability to communicate it
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Going out?  Whiskey sour.  At home?  Fruit punch.
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?  I used to, but I never got the hang of them, so I let my Rx expire and just wear my glasses when I need them.
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  Just finished The Oracle, am re-reading Pompeii and am in the middle of Return of the King.
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  At work?  Alice and the Cheshire Cat.  At home?  Georgia O'Keefe print
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  The beginning and end of the movie 'The New World'.  It really gets to me.  Otherwise, didn't watch anything that I paid attention to.  Instead of the radio, I leave the TV on all evening.
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  Rain
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  England
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  My freakish memory for trivial information.  I've beaten almost everyone I know at Trivial Pursuit, which is a dubious distinction.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:58:52 pm by delalluvia »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 08:52:39 pm »
1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?  Leslie
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  No, my mother just thought Leslie sounded “musical” with my last name
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  Not sure, think it was a couple of months ago, after watching BBM.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Yes, when I’m trying. My handwriting changes and sometimes I can barely read it.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  none
6. KIDS?  No, cats.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?  I think I might.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  I used to write in a journal. Lots & lots. Don’t anymore.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  That’s all I use. I have to try and restrain myself.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  Yes. And everything else, too, except for the wisdom teeth.
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  I’d love to.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Kashi Healthy Heart.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  Yup.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Gettin a little weaker & more arthritic as I age. Emotionally, guess I am.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  Being depressed.  :(
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I can’t say or I’ll cry.
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  Grey tank top & olive green shorts. It’s hot out!
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  A delicious dark chocolate and lemon truffle.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  The quiet. (And the planes going overhead.)
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  Periwinkle
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  Pine trees, brewing coffee, cinnamon, and my cats’ fur.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My friend Jen.
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Hair (thick, preferably dark), eyes (preferably blue), nice hands with a confident sense of self.
24. FAVORITE DRINK? Latte
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?  NO!! I had Lasik eye surgery and recommend it!!!
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  I just finished The Rector’s Wife by Joanna Trollope (good!), Fanfiction (Taking Chances), and re-reading BBM Story to Screenplay.
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  Don’t need one at work and a Ouija board at home.
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  Nothing.
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  Cat’s purr.
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Beatles 100%
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  Hawaii
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  Art – painting, drawing, and jewelry-making
33. WHAT’S ON YOUR DESKTOP?  Jack taking a nap on the mountainside w/the dog