Author Topic: Gift of Exile - first fanfic  (Read 92842 times)

mvansand76

Re: Gift of Exile - first fanfic
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 03:42:05 pm »
I have Chapter 5 finished, but want to get Chapter 6 ready and post them both at the same time. Chapter 6 is another Jack-centered part.

When, when when???? ??? ??? ;) ;) ;)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 10:28:18 pm »
Hi Marge... :)

**Waves, as waits patiently for chapter 5 and 6.**

Sorry, don't know anything about Widower for One Year.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 03:31:53 pm »
Another interested party here wondering when the next Gift of Exile instalment will be.  I am finding it quite unpredictable so far, which is bugging me! I love the gentle but strong writing tone.

I think the author of Widower is still working on it.  The story is nowhere near winding up I believe, as in there should be more than one or two chapters still to go.  I hope he does update again as that story is amazing, if hard-going.
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 05:05:22 pm »
Finally got out from under my RL avalanche of work enough to finish Chapters 5 and 6!

Chapter 5: http://talkstocoyotes.livejournal.com/1704.html

Chapter 6: http://talkstocoyotes.livejournal.com/2038.html

This is also now posted at fanfiction.net:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3113080/1

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 05:30:48 pm »
Wow Marge/Marcia, it's about time!
Just teasing, thanks so much.
... off to read.
kelly
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 07:07:45 am »
I loved it (even though it was a bit confusing at times), you can really read that you put a lot of effort into the writing, it is very good writing! I am really wondering where this is going! Thanks for posting!

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 11:35:12 am »
Can you give me some examples of where it was confusing? This story is a writing exercise for me to a great extent; so I truly do want to do fine-tuning and rewrites where necessary. Someone alerted me earlier to some dialgue where it wasn't clear who was speaking.

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 03:31:30 pm »
Can you give me some examples of where it was confusing? This story is a writing exercise for me to a great extent; so I truly do want to do fine-tuning and rewrites where necessary. Someone alerted me earlier to some dialgue where it wasn't clear who was speaking.

It's the flashback and the parts where Ennis thinks of what might have been. Even though I saw that it was italic, it still confused me at first, but once I understood what it was, I thought it was a really nice touch to the story!

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 07:27:36 am »
Those last two chapters were beautiful, I love the part where Ennis gets that polaroid of Jack and his reaction, that was beautiful, I'm glad he has that now, I hate to think that Ennis doesn't even have a picture of his beloved Jack... :'(