Author Topic: Gift of Exile - first fanfic  (Read 92973 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: Gift of Exile - first fanfic
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2007, 10:57:22 am »
Oh believe me, you don't want the storms and rain we've had here in Holland and Europe the last couple of days! A few of the houses rooftops were half blown off in my neighbourhood on Thursday!

Oh, you're in Europe - choi oi!! I saw some footage of those storms; the wind was so strong it actually bumped an airliner catty-wompus as it was taking off. Even in the Midwestern US where we have monster storms, I don't remember one like that.

I've read everything now and I just have to say that I'm so in love with the way you're writing this story. I was so pleased Ennis picked up that phone! And I must say, David's offer was a complete surprise to me! I can't wait for more on this  :)

Yeah, it was a surprise to Ennis, too; but David had been thinking about it all along, and so had Jack.   ;)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2007, 11:12:21 am »
Oh, you're in Europe - choi oi!! I saw some footage of those storms; the wind was so strong it actually bumped an airliner catty-wompus as it was taking off. Even in the Midwestern US where we have monster storms, I don't remember one like that.

Yeah, it was a surprise to Ennis, too; but David had been thinking about it all along, and so had Jack.   ;)

That's one of the aspects I love so much about this story too  :) You do that so so well.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2007, 07:38:08 pm »
That part just cut my heart out but it was so beautifully written.

Well I'll just have to post and leave more comments then!  :)

Oh believe me, you don't want the storms and rain we've had here in Holland and Europe the last couple of days! A few of the houses rooftops were half blown off in my neighbourhood on Thursday!

I've read everything now and I just have to say that I'm so in love with the way you're writing this story. I was so pleased Ennis picked up that phone! And I must say, David's offer was a complete surprise to me! I can't wait for more on this  :)

I'm loving reading everyone's thoughts on this story.

June - I hope your roof is okay!!

I'm glad you're still committed to the story, Marcia... In an odd way, I find the slow pace reassuring.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

mvansand76

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2007, 07:47:26 am »
I read the last chapters, but I am still not able to comment....I guess it was that emotional..., maybe I need to read it again to be able to leave a coherent comment that Marge deserves....

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2007, 01:29:18 pm »

June - I hope your roof is okay!!

Aw thanks, Kelly  :-*  I still have my roof although it is damaged here and there.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2007, 09:47:27 pm »

Marcia i did as you mentioned lose track of the chapters also..  i dont know how that happened either.  i have been checking pretty frequently..
i didnt find anything...then all of a sudden there was three up that i hadnt read...so somehow i got skipped with 14 and 15 somehow,,,but i was very happy to see the last ones posted...      thanks marcia.

janice

Beautiful mind

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2007, 10:00:21 am »
Gah,  I haven't been able to read the latest three yet cos of lack of time. Soon....
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 02:25:46 pm »
Hi Marcia  :) I was just wondering how the next update was coming along? I'm so looking forward to it!

one_of_one

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 03:57:35 pm »
Marcia...

I just flicked back to your first post on this story to get the link because I want to reread again...and you said about 18 chapters.  It's not going to tie up so quickly is it?

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2007, 03:20:32 pm »
Hi Marcia  :) I was just wondering how the next update was coming along? I'm so looking forward to it!

I want it updated soon too!  :)

Am working on those all-important first impression Ennis gets in what is for him a very strange new environment. At this point in the story, I can use any info about Duluth I can get from people familiar with it - have been there but have never lived there.

Here are some pictures of Ennis' new home. It's an actual B&B in a lakeside Duluth neighborhood called Park Point. The furnishings in the indoor shots are contemporary and don't pertain to the story but the general look of the house and surroundings is what Ennis sees.

The house seen from the street

downstairs living room

loft room where Ennis stays initially (minus the funky decor!)

part of David's room

Lake view at sunrise

view with Duluth in background

beach