Author Topic: My BBM drawings that were trolled off PT  (Read 9669 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: My BBM drawings that were trolled off PT
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 10:15:42 pm »
gorgeous. I love drawing. It's a meditation of sort.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 10:24:07 pm »
I thought I would post my drawing in here (I also had it posted on the IMdB CT board but it was also troll-deleted) 'cause I don't really wanna start a new thread about it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/mandybeeps/100_0431.jpg

Strangely enough, it's the same scene that you're currently drawing. I guess it's a commonly favourite scene  :) I drew it pretty quickly, and It's not as good as yours, but I enjoyed drawing it. Felt like I was drawing for Ennis & Jack.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 03:14:35 am »
I also commented on the other board that this is great Mandy.  There's so much love for that photo.  You have loved drawing it, and it's apparent. 

We should suggest starting an exhibition room where you everyone can paste their hand drawn pix of the film.  Perhaps it could be a read only board where comments don't clutter the browse.  Any thoughts?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

vkm91941

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 05:25:19 am »
I also commented on the other board that this is great Mandy.  There's so much love for that photo.  You have loved drawing it, and it's apparent. 

We should suggest starting an exhibition room where you everyone can paste their hand drawn pix of the film.  Perhaps it could be a read only board where comments don't clutter the browse.  Any thoughts?

Oh I like that idea.  It would be like an art gallery or an art museum.  Anyone who felt compelled to comment on a piece could PM the artist directly.  Excellent idea Ray
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 03:34:52 pm by vkm91941 »

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 03:05:14 pm »
I agree. Excellent idea Ray. (And Thanks, by the way  :-*)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 04:30:46 pm »
Jake G.... the hardest thing about drawing him is concentrating..  ;D

LOL you made my laugh! I stare at Jake all day long (and so does my cat) and I have to agree that is probably the best likeness to him that I have ever seen! Bravo on the briliant drawing skills! I would like to see the others of Jake you mentioned as this one is soooo good!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 04:44:51 pm »

Oh Becky, I am laughing right now... I thought I'd shoot off a quick reply to let you know that as of Friday, I'm on holidays for nearly two weeks and I'm sure I could get some more Jake drawings done, not to mention finally finishing that pic of the flashback hug.....

and then I read that line under your picture: no-one can resist the twist...

LOL... great way to start my morning   ;D ..  its not even 7am here and I'm trying desperately to shrug off the intense desire to go back to bed...

resist the twist...  i LOVE IT..... ;D  ;D  ;D
Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 04:49:32 pm »
 ;D I know that feeling, I am always tired! I am so  happy I could cheer you up on this early morning (she says early morning when it us 9:48 here in England)
The Twist thing came to me last night when I woke up at 3 am!
So where are you going on holiday? Somewhere nice I'll bet. 8)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 04:58:12 pm »

Actually, "holidays" is Sheyne-speak for "not having to get out of bed at obscene hours". Not going anywhere for these holidays, I'll have too much planning and stuff to do for next term (I'm a teacher). But at the end of this year, I'm off to travel around Tasmania with my son. And then the end of next year, hopefully I'm off to Canada!! That's the plan, at least..
Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 05:09:46 pm »
Oh I am already on "Holiday" My school split up on Friday. Well getting out of bed at obscene hours is my kind of Holiday! That is why I have spent basically all day on the boards. So what do you teach and what grade? I would love to have you as my teacher and the we could talk about Jake and BBM non-stop, fancy coming to teach a bunch of roudy year 10's in England sometime? ;D