Author Topic: TOTW 2/09: Questions about Jack's last will particularly his cremation  (Read 9981 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: TOTW 2/09: Questions about Jack's last will particularly his cremation
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:01 pm »
I have always imagined that Jack ranted about having "his ashes scattered up on Brokeback Mountain" when he´d had too much to drink. Which is something I imagined happened every now and then.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
Re: TOTW 2/09: Questions about Jack's last will respectively his cremation
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 08:39:55 pm »
To me when Ennis learns from Lureen that Jack wanted his ashes to be scattered on Brokeback Mountain is a very poignant moment. It is Jack telling him indirectly “I want to be with you for eternity”.

that´s a beautiful way of putting it.

I think that that time on Brokeback Mountain, was the only true happy time in Jack´s life. So of course that´s where he wanted to have his ashes scattered. I think that Brokeback Mountain was the only place ever, where he truley felt loved for who he really was.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44:58 pm »
Artiste, you got me to thinking...Jack narrowly escaped being struck by lightning up on Brokenback, and Aguirre held it against him that sheep died, as if he could control the weather. But in the end he did control something about his own death. He asked for cremation, so in the end he was destroyed by fire. It was a bitterly fitting end for the man from Lightning Flat, high on the Wyoming plateau almost within sight of Devil's Tower.

:'( :'(

beautifully put, Lee!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 09:53:28 pm »
Merci Front-Ranger !

You are very poetic and remarkably thinking, connecting, in saying:
      Artiste, you got me to thinking...Jack narrowly escaped being struck by lightning up on Brokenback, and Aguirre held it against him that sheep died, as if he could control the weather. But in the end he did control something about his own death. He asked for cremation, so in the end he was destroyed by fire. It was a bitterly fitting end for the man from Lightning Flat, high on the Wyoming plateau almost within sight of Devil's Tower.

Jack was reborn in a way, as his ashes would have fertilized the flowers that grow on Brokeback Mountain. The pasque flowers are beginning to show their buds right now, I'm sure!!

Front-Ranger, you are describing Easter! That? Or a religion named by either Ennis and/or Jack?

I still think that there could be OTHER scenarios, like Jack is still ALIVE, very much so; but why cremation? A ruse?

Au revoir,
hugs!