Author Topic: What? Something new and insane about the dialogue...  (Read 6360 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
What? Something new and insane about the dialogue...
« on: July 31, 2006, 11:23:59 pm »
So, I was just visiting TOB, which I hadn't done in a while but I'm bored tonight and thought I'd check it out, and there is a thread going where some people are now claiming that during the first tent scene, Jack says "F*uck me" when they begin having sex...

Am I losing my mind? This is not there, is it? This is even worse then the claim that Ennis says "I love you" during the shirt scene  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: What? Something new and insane about the dialogue...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:53:24 pm »
Have mercy!

No, no, and uh, no.

O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 11:59:40 pm »
LOL my thoughts exactly Ruby!  :o
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:19:26 am »
For goodness sake... to think they used to worry about idle hands! ::)
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 01:11:39 am »
some people are now claiming that during the first tent scene, Jack says "F*uck me" when they begin having sex...

Well, little hunnies, I have heard it.  I didn't believe it til I listened carefully, and now I hear it clear as a bell.  Here's the BetterMost thread where we talked about it a while back, and I and others describe where we hear it:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2401.0;all

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 01:16:11 am »
Crazy Elle, I'll have to go back and watch it, then.  Didn't mean to sound so skeptical, it's just there have been so many different claims like this...

Oh well, anything that gives me another reason to watch that scene, right?  ;)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 01:18:29 am »
Ironically, it happens to be reply #69 where I describe what I hear.  How could I have not heard it until someone suggested it to me?  It's the same as the point when Jack says, "Give 'em hell."  I never heard that til someone wrote that it is there.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 01:21:19 am »
I was the same with the give em hell line, now I hear it every time and it cracks me up... the same with the peeing sheep.  There are some things that I can't help but notice every time, even though I know I should be focusing on other things  ::)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 01:24:43 am »
I hope Melinda see this thread because she will be thrilled.  This is what we talked about in detail at Kirk's farewell party.  Personally I still have not heard it, but I believe what Melinda said that Jack/Jake indeed said the words twice.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 01:34:32 am »
I just watched a few more times and still haven't heard it  :-\

I'll give it another go tomorrow...